Creating 1/700 scale caution tape

durangod

I see there is scale model caution tape and crime tapes available to order but have not found 1/700 scale, im thinking ill have to make my own by printing it on my inkjet printer and cutting it out.

I doubt it would be readable, prob just appear to be a dark obscure line. Im thinking the color of tape is what sells it.

The idea is to cover up a mistake on my 700 scale ship and treat it as war damage, but i need caution tape.

Anyone make anything that small?

I'd probably make really thin strips using yellow masking tape. 1/700 scale would be extremely tiny to pull off - probably the size of a single strand of hair.

Here are some samples at 2pt and 4pt. 2pt is the smallest i can go in libre office.

Just in case anyone wants to use these, here are the two files.

These are odt files, that is the default extension using libre office.

Well it wont let me attach them so let me try just a txt file

Attachments

• tinytext_scalemodel.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 4
  • tinytext_scalemodel_2pt.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
Here are some samples at 2pt and 4pt. 2pt is the smallest i can go in libre office.

Just in case anyone wants to use these, here are the two files.

These are odt files, that is the default extension using libre office.

Well it wont let me attach them so let me try just a txt file
Can't see the images

@TimM63 Its because those are not image files, they are txt (text) files. Just right click and open in new browser or click and download them to view.

here is what they look like just fyi

20240907_040754.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what i see

tinytextpostview.jpg

Just left click on one of them in that post, it will download the file, then you can open it in either libre office or ms office or other word processor software

If you open it as text you wont see the colored backgrounds behind the text, i did red and yellow backgrounds so you can just cut it out and use it. But once you open it as a word doc or a libre office document then you should see the backgrounds.

Correction, i just opened it up in libre office and i stand corrected, seems when i saved them as txt it lost the backgrounds.

So what you need to do is go into admin for the forum and accept .odt files so i can add the colored versions. Or you can just open it up in word or whatever and add the background colors yourself.

What you do is just cut out the strings of text and then you can use it as caution or danger tape on a model or diorama.

If you dont see what i see, then the admin needs to go into the forum admin and set the site to accept txt files or figure out what config needs to be changed in the admin area. It could be that your htaccess file is blocking txt files views, i dont know.

If you can take a screen shot at what you see, then maybe with my coding experience i can tell you what is happening, just a thought.

Last edited:
Here is what i see

View attachment 124248

Just left click on one of them in that post, it will download the file, then you can open it in either libre office or ms office or other word processor software

If you open it as text you wont see the colored backgrounds behind the text, i did red and yellow backgrounds so you can just cut it out and use it. But once you open it as a word doc or a libre office document then you should see the backgrounds.

Correction, i just opened it up in libre office and i stand corrected, seems when i saved them as txt it lost the backgrounds.

So what you need to do is go into admin for the forum and accept .odt files so i can add the colored versions. Or you can just open it up in word or whatever and add the background colors yourself.

What you do is just cut out the strings of text and then you can use it as caution or danger tape on a model or diorama.

If you dont see what i see, then the admin needs to go into the forum admin and set the site to accept txt files or figure out what config needs to be changed in the admin area. It could be that your htaccess file is blocking txt files views, i dont know.

If you can take a screen shot at what you see, then maybe with my coding experience i can tell you what is happening, just a thought.
You should be able to get some water slide decal paper and print those out on a ink jet printer.

ok thanks i was not aware of that, i will get some for future. But these are not for decals you just cut them out and display in a model somewhere.

Remember i am new maybe this is not something that needs to be shared as everyone has a printer. I dont know.

Latest posts

Back