Dragon Wagon

Rob

Started on this last night. After building those two model cars I'm ready for a shake and bake. The detail in these things is just amazing. Another plus is it has lots of pieces. I like that. Some people can't build it quick enough to get to painting and others Savor the build. To each his own as long as you have fun. So this is a typical Tamia kit. Everything clicks right in, so far. These pictures are the chassis and differentials. Also the engine compartment with no engine which doesn't matter because you can't see it. This will be my second attempt at Armor. And my first attempt at a semi truck per se. I'm having fun, are you?

20240707_213730.jpg

20240709_104215.jpg

20240709_104408.jpg

Okay I have a question for everyone. Are we weird? I mean, this is just the greatest Hobby, the amount of detail it's just, I don't know, makes you want to smile and say wow this is cool! You just can't wait until it comes to life. And then there's other people that just can't understand why you can sit there for hours and Fiddle with little tiny pieces.

20240709_131326.jpg

20240709_131338.jpg

Okay I have a question for everyone. Are we weird? I mean, this is just the greatest Hobby, the amount of detail it's just, I don't know, makes you want to smile and say wow this is cool! You just can't wait until it comes to life. And then there's other people that just can't understand why you can sit there for hours and Fiddle with little tiny pieces.

View attachment 119572

View attachment 119573
Nope. We are normal, it's the rest of the world that's weird. :D

Went out back and had a painting session with Tamia's fine gray primer. Man. It's almost 9:30 at night and it's still way over a hundred degrees. I wonder if I could talk my wife into letting me buy a paint booth for in my man cave? I doubt it. These models are expensive enough nowadays. So tomorrow I'll airbrush on some NATO black for a little bit of shadowing and then afterwards XF 67 natal green or XF 51 khaki drab. And put the tires together and learn how to weather rubber tires. I honestly don't have the faintest idea how to do that.

20240709_213144.jpg

20240709_213228.jpg

20240709_213314.jpg

View attachment 119572

View attachment 119573
Have you been talking to my wife..... apparently I spend way too much time and money on my toy soldiers. Pantherman

No I haven't been talking to your wife. One is enough thank you very much. Every time I come in with a big box or a bag full of clinky things she gives me the greasy fisheye. Never ceases to amaze me how I go out back under the patio and I'm spraying and I get all done and take a piece out into the sun and I missed a whole bunch of spots. WTF. So I respray and then bring everything in and look at the end of the arrows. It must be that natural light. Yeah, I blame it on that.

20240710_102004.jpg

20240710_102033.jpg

20240710_102044.jpg

20240710_115024.jpg

20240710_114504.jpg

I have used pigments to weather rubber tires before, View attachment 119607 also used the splashed mud stuff watered down.
Today thanks I'll keep those two in mind. Hobby store right over here doesn't carry anything but Tamia XF paints so I have to head over to another place that's further away but he carries Vallejo and actually he carries about eight different paints I think. Andy's hobby headquarters. That dude has everything including how to videos on YouTube

I watch Andy's videos, and the online store is my first choice when I need something.

I forgot to say that's a cool kit, I never built one but I remember a diorama Shepherd Paine did with one. An IDF version with a M51 Sherman on the back, it was in a book about his dioramas I had years ago.

Or get a Jagtiger, I love this photo. The Dragon Wagon is overloaded by about 30 tons. Puts a whole new twist on the, "they don't make em like they used too" saying. The Dragon Wagon was a pretty amazing vehicle. There is also a lot of PE available for it if you wanted to get really crazy.

Dragon Jagtiger.jpg

Now go buy a Sherman tank kit to put on the trailer….. LOL!
Hey now! That's a good idea. I was thinking of putting my Tiger tank on it but I believe that's Overkill. It might handle it if I did some battle damage to it like it was captured. I used to drive a semi dump truck. It's actual name was a transfer dump truck if anyone knows what that is? I'll tell you one thing about transfer dump trucks. If you can back one up in a straight line and park it between two semis you be the man. That's one of the hardest things I've ever learned how to do. But I can take one look at that truck and another look at the Tiger tank and tell myself it ain't going to handle it. That's too much tonnage.

20240711_090722.jpg

Or get a Jagtiger, I love this photo. The Dragon Wagon is overloaded by about 30 tons. Puts a whole new twist on the, "they don't make em like they used too" saying. The Dragon Wagon was a pretty amazing vehicle. There is also a lot of PE available for it if you wanted to get really crazy.

View attachment 119685
Holy crap! I never would have thought they would have got a tiger tank on there. I'd sure like to know if it made it to its destination?

You know I was building this the other day and I was kind of upset with Tamia. Cuz I said why would they put these numbers here when it's visible? You know. Cuz they're so good at hiding stuff. And then I realize that these must be the numbers from The Foundry.? Sounds plausible to me because I love common sense and that just screams common sense.

20240711_090722.jpg

I headed to Andy's this morning and picked up some neat stuff mostly for weathering. And I wanted to try that glue from Revel. Mainly I wanted to try that tip. I like that. Okay this is my first attempt ever at weathering and I think it's fun. Critique is welcome. And those pictures doesn't mean I'm done with the weathering. I figured I'd put the model together and then weather here and there where it needs it. Personally I think I overdid my first Tire but we'll find out

20240711_140932.jpg

20240711_140956.jpg

20240711_141007.jpg

20240711_141013.jpg

20240711_141022.jpg

20240711_141038.jpg

20240711_141123.jpg

20240711_141142.jpg

I'm liking it. ........ and you can always go back and forth with the weathering. Something comes out too dark or light, let it dry and work in layers. wish I lived close enough to Andy's to go in person, looks like a great place from what I see on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back