Dragon Wagon

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It continues to amaze me how far this hobby has gone since the'60s. This Dragon wagon will be my first build incorporating weathering which is not at all what I'm used to as a kid. I wanted it pristine. Perfect. I wanted a show car gleam and perfect windows. Alas, I never got that. All I got was a perfect glue fingerprint on the side window and smudges on the paint work especially the engine because that enamel paint never dried. I have to admit though. You stick a cherry bomb in them and they shatter quite nicely

Okay I have a question for everyone. Are we weird? I mean, this is just the greatest Hobby, the amount of detail it's just, I don't know, makes you want to smile and say wow this is cool! You just can't wait until it comes to life. And then there's other people that just can't understand why you can sit there for hours and Fiddle with little tiny pieces.

View attachment 119572

View attachment 119573
There are so many benefits to this hobby.
From emotional support to learning new and fascinating historical facts, there are some distinct benefits that come with this hobby.

It is a great and rewarding hobby.. and yes, we are weird. :p

There are so many benefits to this hobby.
From emotional support to learning new and fascinating historical facts, there are some distinct benefits that come with this hobby.

It is a great and rewarding hobby.. and yes, we are weird. :p
Agreed!

For me one thing I find cathartic is that this hobby teaches (forces you sometimes) to just slow down. That is a lesson that can be applied to may aspects of life. Slow down son!

Agreed!

For me one thing I find cathartic is that this hobby teaches (forces you sometimes) to just slow down. That is a lesson that can be applied to may aspects of life. Slow down son!
True!

All right got some more stuff on the cab and I'll be building the Hoist and winch assembly. I don't know. I'm mad at myself I didn't watch a video or anything on how to do that photo etch stuff or whatever the heck is in brass. First time dealing with it and I screwed it up. I should have watched a YouTube video or something. Live and learn. I'll fix it, Maybe. That's the diesel exhaust.

View attachment 120899

View attachment 120900

View attachment 120901

View attachment 120902

View attachment 120903

View attachment 120904

View attachment 120905

View attachment 120906
It's looking great. Pantherman

Got the tandem winch assembly in and working on the Hoist and A frame next. Next is either touch up paint and weathering the tractor or I can build the trailer assembly.

View attachment 121089

View attachment 121090

View attachment 121091

View attachment 121092

View attachment 121093

View attachment 121094

View attachment 121095

View attachment 121096

View attachment 121097

View attachment 121098
This is a fantastical build. Now I want to build one. If course mine would not be anywhere near as awesome as yours!

Latest posts

Back