Engraving

durangod

Anyone tried engraving on a model before its primed. I was thinking maybe a could engrave my grandsons name on a model and forget about the whole custom decal deal.

It would also be cool to have a custom image engraved on a model.

Have you made the attempt?

Anyone tried engraving on a model before its primed. I was thinking maybe a could engrave my grandsons name on a model and forget about the whole custom decal deal.

It would also be cool to have a custom image engraved on a model.

Have you made the attempt?
Try making a mask of his name and paint it on. I did a P-51 for my parents and I included their names on it by making a mask that said Cliff's Joy for the name on the aircraft. His name was Cliff and my Mom's name is Joyce. Unfortunately I cannot find my photo of it.

With an engraving tool? No. Never heard of anyone engraving anything on a model kit. Who does that?

Thats what i would like to know LOL :)

With any kind of tool, yeah i was thinking dremel of some kind. Just FYI I did run across the tamiya engraving blades in my search, wow talk about pricey.. Not what i want but thought i would mention it.

Im sure if i wanted something really cool, i could just go to a trophy store and they could engrave something on it for me. I bet they have seen it all so i wont feel bad about taking a piece of model plastic for engraving lol

@Jim62 Thanks thats not a bad idea at all. I will see what i can do for that and if it does not work out as expected it will make a great plan b. :)

Great link thanks, just have to figure out what size i need, they have a nice video on there as well.

By the way just in case for those that dont know, when posting any link, just post everything up to the ? after that its all tracking data pretty much and you dont need it to post the product page. So in this case it would be just

https://www.amazon.com/JINGLING-Diamond-Grinding-Spherical-Carving/dp/B08FHXYQX5/ref=sr_1_3

And you really dont even need the ref = part but its hard to explain that tech stuff because every link is different in some ways and im trying to keep it simple. But if you just post everything up to and not including ? youll save some storage space on the server over time.

Hmmm ,
when I post it , the visible to me ends at the 3&th=1
it initially shows that entire , huge address , but then when i check the preview it shows the shorter version ,
I assume the working bits as you have described .

So ,
it shows that super long address on your end ?

Ah , yeah ,
looking closer , that description doesn't work .
that " 3&th=1 " is at the end of each .
what shows on my end , in my post , is much , much shorter .

Don't know .
I assumed the site was taking care of it .

I do know ,on this subject , in the past , I have copied links that when pasted to the page were 100 miles long .
I decided to not post all that madness at that time , but had , and still have , no understanding of it

of course ,
maybe that once again goes out into the ether as that much more massive collection of characters

Latest posts

Back