Enterprise B Aztec decals

Alex Vives

Does anyone know where I can find any aztec markings for the AMT 1/1000 scale Enterprise B?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find them. If anyone has a way to make them yourself (Like a decent image of all the markings so they can be printed on decal paper) or a link to somewhere online where it is available, that would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to SMA !

I have no idea about those decals ,, I had to google the Enterprise B to see what exactly that was :D ,
But , others here might have some info for you .
We'll ask @trekriffic to start .

Does anyone know where I can find any aztec markings for the AMT 1/1000 scale Enterprise B?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find them. If anyone has a way to make them yourself (Like a decent image of all the markings so they can be printed on decal paper) or a link to somewhere online where it is available, that would be greatly appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Starship Modeler has a good hardware reference page with a lot of pics of the studio model. Scroll down and it’s the second starship listed on the page. Plenty of images if you decide to make your own decals, or paint the aztec like I did with my build some eons ago.

13956404151_e94c6c6895_z.jpg
Enterprise B Saucer Above Rear by Steve J, on Flickr

Unfortunately I don’t know of any off the shelf source for the Aztecs.
I mostly use “MeatloafR” (aka James) over on All Scale Trek for my custom decal needs.
Maybe he can help you. You can reach him best thru FB Messenger.

Here a link to the Starship Modeler page:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/movietech.htm

My album of B photos on Flickr!:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/albums/72157644184055462/

Last edited:
One thing I thought of after my earlier post is the aztec decal set Polar Lights sells for their 1/1000 Excelsior kit. You might be able to cobble enough Aztecs from two sets to make the B.

Someone on Reddit posted this Starshio Modeler link to downloadable Aztecs for several starships including the B and Excelsior so you can download and print them yourself:

http://starshipmodeler.com/tech/cz_mask.htm
Well damn, Thank you. that may just be what I needed.

Also, Do you have a file I can find for the decals that can go around the saucer? The ones with the blue lines and the windows? If not, that's okay, I trust my painting skills enough to paint them myself.

Last edited:
It's strange that PL hasn't released an aztec set, considering how they have recently reissued the B. I know that Acreation had made aztec decal sets a long time ago, but unfortunately he moved from the "I'll send decals to people who pay me" business model to that of "Why bother sending people decals when I can just keep the money they gave me and rip them off?" Then he came back with "Oh woe is me, I'm just under so much stress" and more people sent him money, only to join the ranks of the people he'd stolen money from.

When it comes to the decals you print yourself from Starship Modeler, be careful of how they are printed. IIRC, I had tried test printing the Refit decals on regular paper. They just came as image files, so I tried placing them into Word documents and this just rescaled the images to fit the paper. It really pissed me off.

Not sure where you can get decals for the saucer rim stripes and windows.
I painted mine using thin strips of masking tape. And lots of retouching to get them a uniform thickness. I made the windows using my pinvise and a very small drill bit to make round and lozenge shapes with the help of a needle file. I painted some windows black and lit windows light blue to contrast with the off white hull.

13956395882_9db2a1cc56_z.jpg
Enterprise B Saucer Detail by Steve J, on Flickr

Would you all print out the aztec graphics on water slide or clear vinyl?
For the Refit 350 I'm planning on using paint masks, but for the reliant I'll be using the graphics from starship modeler link.
thoughts?

Would you all print out the aztec graphics on water slide or clear vinyl?
For the Refit 350 I'm planning on using paint masks, but for the reliant I'll be using the graphics from starship modeler link.
thoughts?
I printed my decals on some water transfer sheets that I found on amazon. They say they don't need any clear acrylic sprayed on, so far that looked true on the test transfer.

here's the link, I think it works
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y4QJK3W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

if it doesn't, here is the product info
Koala Waterslide Decal Paper for Laser Printer - Clear Transparent - 25 Sheets Printable Water Slide Transfer Paper - 8.5x11 Inches

I printed my decals on some water transfer sheets that I found on amazon. They say they don't need any clear acrylic sprayed on, so far that looked true on the test transfer.

here's the link, I think it works
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y4QJK3W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

if it doesn't, here is the product info
Koala Waterslide Decal Paper for Laser Printer - Clear Transparent - 25 Sheets Printable Water Slide Transfer Paper - 8.5x11 Inches
thank you.

Latest posts

Back