Exhaust covers for JU87G-1 Stuka

moemoe69

Have a question about the Revell 1/48 scale kit just finished the model and discovered 2 parts left on the sprue no part number and nothing in the instructions about where to even place the parts so did some on line investigating and sure enough came across an old picture of a G-1 at the eastern front and no shit there it is it's a cover or replacement exhaust they did this apparently due to the extreme environment now it gets really interesting I emailed Revelle and let them know about the part number and how it wasn't in the instructions on what the parts were and all that the response I got was they have no idea what the part was and how it even got in the kit it's self oh well

IMG_20240624_142511139.jpg

Looking on Scalemates, the original molds for that kit were under the Monogram banner and originally came out in 1968. They continued under that banner with a last shown release of 1992. After that it was under the Revell banner. So, It's possible the part numbers for the exhaust and instruction steps were lost along the way over all that time. For a long while there were schemes for Western and Eastern Front so my thought would be those bits have been part of the molds for quite some time and just got forgotten or lost along the way.

Looking on Scalemates, the original molds for that kit were under the Monogram banner and originally came out in 1968. They continued under that banner with a last shown release of 1992. After that it was under the Revell banner. So, It's possible the part numbers for the exhaust and instruction steps were lost along the way over all that time. For a long while there were schemes for Western and Eastern Front so my thought would be those bits have been part of the molds for quite some time and just got forgotten or lost along the way.
Your probably right when I actually talked to a live person they had no idea what they were sent a few pictures of them didn't help thanks for the information much appreciated

Latest posts

Back