F-106 Delta Dart wheel wells and weapons bay color

lacrosse dad

New to the site, picked back up the hobby after throwing it away at 12 in favor of chasing girls and since I have my gal now for the last 30 years I thought I might pick the hobby back up. I'm almost finished with the Monogram Century series F-106 and went white wheel wells versus the Chromium green like the instructions. I was recently at the Dover AFB Museum and their 106 had white wheel wells and weapons bay. As a rule is there a specific date the Air Force went to white wheel wells from the Chromium green?

Thanks

Seems to have white landing gear/wheels in all the vintage pics I have seen. I could not actually find any where they were green

New to the site, picked back up the hobby after throwing it away at 12 in favor of chasing girls and since I have my gal now for the last 30 years I thought I might pick the hobby back up. I'm almost finished with the Monogram Century series F-106 and went white wheel wells versus the Chromium green like the instructions. I was recently at the Dover AFB Museum and their 106 had white wheel wells and weapons bay. As a rule is there a specific date the Air Force went to white wheel wells from the Chromium green?

Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Last one I looked at and referenced (Detail & Scale) ready to convert the Hasegawa F-106 into the two-seat B version the undercarriage was White (gloss although in our scales satin).

New to the site, picked back up the hobby after throwing it away at 12 in favor of chasing girls and since I have my gal now for the last 30 years I thought I might pick the hobby back up.
The specific time frames change, but this story is nearly universal. I came back to the hobby in early 2024 after packing all my crap away about 99 or y2k.

On top of that your choice of the 106 is awesome, I LOVE the century series. Too bad there are few new kits available for them.

Back