First Pirate Ship

Thanks for the link, i guess pastels are just lighter shades according to google.

I have 2 parts that are not in the manual, two 98's (across from each other in pic)and one 99. Have no clue where they go.

Also is there anything i need to know about working with paper sails? I want to paint them black, do i paint them just like plastic?

20240917_205249.jpg20240917_205224.jpg

Thanks for the link, i guess pastels are just lighter shades according to google.

I have 2 parts that are not in the manual, two 98's (across from each other in pic)and one 99. Have no clue where they go.

Also is there anything i need to know about working with paper sails? I want to paint them black, do i paint them just like plastic?

View attachment 124816View attachment 124817
Talking about the " chalks "
https://www.google.com/search?q=pas...BixAxiDARiKBZgDAJIHATegB-wl&sclient=img&udm=2
not color

Spray paint would be better .
You don't want them saturated , they might tear .
Thank you, will do.

I have the three masts up but i may not do the rigging ropes, its not fun for me. Besides, once i made the first battle damage, all hopes of authentic went out the window lol

Ok major update and challenges last night. I went to put on the ratropes (?) the side nets and my masts were too high. I was sure they went all the way down thru both decks, but i guess not.

So i spent the night cutting the tops off the masts and removing 1cm of mast. Then i used blue tak to hold them in place while the ca glue cured. Then had to pick all the blue tak off where it touched the glue. Then i wrapped the section in putty and when dry shaped it like a 4x4 and primed n painted.
Not professional but acceptable.

Its alot easier to cut off the bottom of the mast than to have to do what i did.

So be sure you test fit ratropes before you glue masts in place. Also remember to test fit the ship end of those ropes as it says to widden the slots to fit (wish i would have done that before i glued them.

Another warning, the ratrope ends are super duper fragile, broke several installing and some broke in box. You cant glue them normal because the materal is so thin it melts n falls apart. The only way i found to do it was to overlap it onto the plastic above so its like a double stud.

20240918_150953.jpg20240918_152359.jpg20240918_154004.jpg20240918_154526.jpg20240918_205032.jpg20240918_220953.jpg

Ok major update and challenges last night. I went to put on the ratropes (?) the side nets and my masts were too high. I was sure they went all the way down thru both decks, but i guess not.

So i spent the night cutting the tops off the masts and removing 1cm of mast. Then i used blue tak to hold them in place while the ca glue cured. Then had to pick all the blue tak off where it touched the glue. Then i wrapped the section in putty and when dry shaped it like a 4x4 and primed n painted.
Not professional but acceptable.

Its alot easier to cut off the bottom of the mast than to have to do what i did.

So be sure you test fit ratropes before you glue masts in place. Also remember to test fit the ship end of those ropes as it says to widden the slots to fit (wish i would have done that before i glued them.

Another warning, the ratrope ends are super duper fragile, broke several installing and some broke in box. You cant glue them normal because the materal is so thin it melts n falls apart. The only way i found to do it was to overlap it onto the plastic above so its like a double stud.

View attachment 124880View attachment 124881View attachment 124882View attachment 124883View attachment 124884View attachment 124885
Thanks for the info. Luckily my ratropes are nylon so easier to fit I hope. Pantherman

20240903_114627.jpg

Also a quick note, the sails are not normal paper, i dont know what its called but im guessing its thick craft paper with a thin plastic coating it seems. I think if you want to dip it in a wash it would hold up, just do it quickly. But do it after you cut them out, if not youll be painting edges as the paper is white inside too

Latest posts

Back