Following TBadger's lead... What to do next???

adampolo13

Question:

Air or Armor?

Armor kits:
1/35 Hobby Boss Merkava MK.IIID
1/35 Trumpeter Stryker ESV with Mine Roller

Air:
1/48 Italeri V-22 Osprey
1/48 Tamiya P51D Mustang

Thanks for your help!

1/48 Italeri V-22 Osprey (if you're feeling ambitious with the wing rotated and the rotors folded). ;D
220px-V-22_Osprey_wing_rotated.jpg

JMac said:
1/48 Italeri V-22 Osprey (if you're feeling ambitious with the wing rotated and the rotors folded). ;D
220px-V-22_Osprey_wing_rotated.jpg

I'm not feeling that ambitious, but I really do love the V-22. It will have to be OOB though as there are ZERO a.m. products available.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hmmm, I am seeing the M1070 HET with the ESV Stryker with mine roller on the back in your future! LOL

I'll take that as a vote from Scott he wants to see me build the Stryker....

If it were the Meng Merk IIID I'd say that, but I think the Stryker with some resin detail pieces and a buttload of PE is the ticket!

TBadger said:
If it were the Meng Merk IIID I'd say that, but I think the Stryker with some resin detail pieces and a buttload of PE is the ticket!

Nothing wrong with the HB Merk IIID, it is a beautiful kit!

Alrighty Folks:

Time for help!

Stryker or Merk?

I was hoping one would have less parts than the other but they both have 740+ pieces so I am really at a loss for a decision...

Help me please! haha

Thanks,

Adam

adampolo13 said:
Alrighty Folks:

Time for help!

Stryker or Merk?

I was hoping one would have less parts than the other but they both have 740+ pieces so I am really at a loss for a decision...

Help me please! haha

Thanks,

Adam

Can't convince you to build the V-22? (it has way less than 740 pieces) ;D

Well, I had both the Merk and the Stryker sitting on the table in the workshop tonight when my wife came in and said "Wow, this thing is cool!" Referring to the Stryker. I guess I know what I'm building next! Don't worry JMac, the V-22 is on the short list, will get done pretty soon after the Stryker.

adampolo13 said:
Well, I had both the Merk and the Stryker sitting on the table in the workshop tonight when my wife came in and said "Wow, this thing is cool!" Referring to the Stryker. I guess I know what I'm building next! Don't worry JMac, the V-22 is on the short list, will get done pretty soon after the Stryker.

when in doubt the wife will sort it out lol can't wait to see the finished project

Awesome, I was hoping you'd choose the Stryker :) You doin a diorama base or perhaps a vignette of some sort?

M1132 w/ Mine Roller it is!

TBadger, I would love to do some kind of Diorama base or vignette but I'm affraid my skills just aren't there. Scott at EMC suggested that I put the Stryker on the back of the M1070? I am going to do some research and see if the ESV has ever been on the back of one. I would love to do that, and then put the M1070 on some dusty desert road, maybe stopped behind a Buffalo 6x6... Now my imagination is just getting the best of me... Haha.

As soon as I get the 88 to paint I will start construction on the Stryker.

Not too hard to make the base. Just get some CelluClay from Michael's 5 lb bag for $12.50 after coupon that'll last you years. Then mix in a glob of white glue and slather that over top of whatever foam base or substrate you use. wait til it's half dry and then press in tire tracks/treads. Totally dry it and then hit it with a base color all over, some highlights, rocks and loose sand for deco and BAM....simple base. If my slow mind can do it, im sure you can. They have tutorials on FineScale and on multiple other sites

Thank TBadger!!! I'm going to have a hard time not going home to start this project! I really need to finish the 88. Maybe I can try making a simple base for that to start... Hmmmm.

Latest posts

Back