Getting old

Benhur

Hi. At age 82 have a large model railway from 40 years. Would now like to try some different kits. Looking for a really easy build to start for 1/48 aircraft and a1/35 tank. Many thanks for any help. Eyesight not now as good.

Welcome to SMA !

I'd go with pretty much anything Tamiya if you want good fit and easy assembly .

Hi. At age 82 have a large model railway from 40 years. Would now like to try some different kits. Looking for a really easy build to start for 1/48 aircraft and a1/35 tank. Many thanks for any help. Eyesight not now as good.
Hi and welcome to the forum. As others have mentioned, tamiya is usually pretty good for fit and instructions. Post lots of photos as we are all nosey and want to see how it's going. Pantherman

Might you share some photos of your train set-up ?
We'd love to see
Closed for the summer months but will open again in October. Meanwhile on a wet day……we get plenty here in Scotland…….thought I would give a different type of model kits a go. Not too keen on lots of small parts.

I am an older guy too. I have recently gone to just building bigger kits. 1/16th scale and 1/9th scale are most of my latest stuff. 1/24th isn't too expensive and large enuf as well. My 1/72 and 1/48 days are over.

My eyes are too old to do 1/72 fighters. I'll build 1/72 scale larger aircrafts though; ie: C-47, B-17, etc… I've got a few in my stash I've held off building them until I find a suitable shelving to display them.

I mainly build 1/48 scale aircrafts. As far as WW1 subject, I'll build 1/32 scale. 1/48 scale biplanes are just as bad as building 1/72 scale for these old eyes.

just turned 60, have not done trains but i love to watch the trains in action. Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back