Hanging airplane models on the wall?

docsudy

Hello fellow SMAs
Any one have any experience with hanging model aircraft on the wall. I have little shelf space and I was thinking of using drywall screws and clear fishing wire (40 pound test) looped around the tail section or wing roots to support the aircraft. Any thoughts or suggestions or new ideas.???

I hang my airplanes on the wall and helicopters from the ceiling. I use 20 lb test fishing line looped around the wings close to the fuselage and attached to wall with thumb tacks.
Here are some pics. You can see some planes the line is looped around the nose.

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

Not mine, but I was thinking something along this lines might be nice. Would not even need to be that heavy duty for smaller scale stuff like 1/72

1725692545228.png

or something like this you could probably do with bits from the hardware/shelving sections

1725692716456.png

or this

1725692976236.png

I hang my airplanes on the wall and helicopters from the ceiling. I use 20 lb test fishing line looped around the wings close to the fuselage and attached to wall with thumb tacks.
Here are some pics. You can see some planes the line is looped around the nose.

View attachment 124183

View attachment 124184

View attachment 124186

View attachment 124187

View attachment 124188
Thanks all for you ideas. I found some white head truss screws on Amazon which I think would work well to anchor into the drywall and be not well visualized with using 10 lb clear fishing test line just as Tim does. I think this way you could have the planes nose point up towards the ceiling or down towards the ground depending on how you would like it and the configuration of the wings and tailpiece respectively. Thanks again everybody.

Latest posts

Back