1/35 Meng Merkava Mk.4M (with roof slats)

Just to provide an update...

I cut all the road wheels loose from the sprue and spent an entire evening cleaning them up. This kits is crazy on part-count too. Just the wheels (both sides), and you can see above that is 6 per side, plus drive, idlers (2 per side) and the return wheel, that is 74 parts!

Anyway, I discovered that the poly-caps were not in the box, without them I cannot attach the wheels so I reached out to Meng support. They are mailing me a "sprue" at no cost. Wow! It has not shipped yet, so I can say they are a bit slow, but they reach out via email every two pr three days to let me kknow it is processing. Today I got a note saying it will ship in the next few days and they'll provide a tracking number.

Nice!

1727650927773.png
Any tips for sanding seams from coil springs? I'm thinking heavy coating of dust/debris after painting will cover them, that is the lazy way out. Although I respect the "I know the detail is there" crowd, I'm usually not one.

1727651062428.png
These were fairly fiddly, but those ejection marks are huuuge, instead of filling/filing them, I think they will be covered when I fill the storage bins, see above :cool:

Will follow along and watch with interest.
Upper hull is just sitting there for now, think I'll leave it off until running gear is finsihed and painted, the wrap them up in foil/saran-wrap when painting the body.

1727820172998.png

I'm trying to learn how to slow down and enjoy things, it helps if I put the kit aside when or if I feel frustrations coming. But that leads (for me) to seeing and chasing lots of squirrels. I just did an inventory and I have 6 kits in various stages of completion. I really need to focus better, but at age 60 I do not see character traits changing much.

Latest posts

Back