Hello from London's East End.

Aya

Evening everybody,
My name is John, but as you can see, i also answer to Aya. I do a little building of military kits, mostly German Armour but anything that takes my fancy really styrene wise. But i do have a fascination for painting figures, which i mostly have been doing of late. I do know a few of the lads on here and am looking forward to meeting lots more on the forum and getting a few builds under my belt. Sure i will enjoy the company and find a quiet corner. So i am off now to start finding my way around the site. Thank's for having me on board.

Welcome to the Herd!
Is "Aya" a Cockney nickname? :D
As far as figures go, do you have any favorite scales and subjects? Mine are the 18th century, especially the Seven Years War/French-and-Indian War, and the Kaiser's Army.
I look forward to seeing your work!
Best regards,
Brad

A postscript...

I just found your post with the figures and busts you painted, well done!

Evening everybody,
My name is John, but as you can see, i also answer to Aya. I do a little building of military kits, mostly German Armour but anything that takes my fancy really styrene wise. But i do have a fascination for painting figures, which i mostly have been doing of late. I do know a few of the lads on here and am looking forward to meeting lots more on the forum and getting a few builds under my belt. Sure i will enjoy the company and find a quiet corner. So i am off now to start finding my way around the site. Thank's for having me on board.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Thought I was reading my post as I too am into German armour and figure painting.

Mum never told me I had a twin brother. Pantherman

Welcome!!!!!
Many great people here, and they seem to be arriving daily.....
Post lots of pictures of your builds, we like to see.

Hi all,
Would just like to thank you all for the very warm welcome. Don't know everyone's first name yet, so will use your Avatar name if that's OK.
Scottie,
cheers Paul, hope your well.
Eagle-1,
Rob, very kind of you. I will certainly do as you say.
Mark-2.
I do feel welcome already ☺.
Steve J,
always enjoy the modelling matey, even the ones that sometimes go awry.
Hi Brad,
thanks for the hello sir. Aya is a term of endearment I used in letters/cards to my girlfriend when I worked away from home, which she shortened from its original length to Aya. I'll not go into detail.
Pantherman,
got to love a bit of German heavy steel, just for the fun of all those wheels ( I do enjoy doing them actually, very satisfying).
Urumomo,
thankyou, I feel I am going to enjoy it here.
Rimmer,
cheers sir, can't wait to get started.
Down-time,
never shy posting pictures, so looking forward to posting a build.
Steve,
howdy to you too mate, hope all is good.
Thanks to you all .

...Hi Brad,
thanks for the hello sir. Aya is a term of endearment I used in letters/cards to my girlfriend when I worked away from home, which she shortened from its original length to Aya. I'll not go into detail...
Heh! I was about to watch "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" again to listen for it! :D

Back