Hello

dave

Thank you for accepting me to your site ,got back into the hobby fifteen or so years ago have long got over comparing what I do to others im sure why many fail to stay the distance ,mainly I build 1/72nd armour mostly russian subjects dabble in 35th now and then because apart from childhood airfix stuff 35th it seems is most modelers chosen comeback scale I'll try to insert a couple of pics
20240205_135830.jpg
20240128_152942.jpg
20210106_104216.jpg
Some of my 72nd builds
20240723_085758.jpg
A couple of 35er's am looking forward to participating with you all . Dave

Welcome fellow addict. That's some nice work there. Nice to see more folks showing up here.

Welcome to SMA. I myself am a new member and found all the people here are very welcoming and friendly. They love to see our work and are not judgmental. Your work is simply beautiful and outstanding. Welcome aboard. You may also want to share techniques with people so a modeler such as myself can learn in your experience. Looking to see more.
Doc Sudy

Welcome to the Herd, Dave! Those are some nice builds! I like your philosophy, too, and I share it, "...have long got over comparing what I do to others." Build for ourselves, the way we like.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Best regards,
Brad

Thank you for accepting me to your site ,got back into the hobby fifteen or so years ago have long got over comparing what I do to others im sure why many fail to stay the distance ,mainly I build 1/72nd armour mostly russian subjects dabble in 35th now and then because apart from childhood airfix stuff 35th it seems is most modelers chosen comeback scale I'll try to insert a couple of pics
View attachment 125667
View attachment 125668
View attachment 125669
Some of my 72nd builds
View attachment 125670
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

View attachment 125667
View attachment 125668
View attachment 125669
Some of my 72nd builds
View attachment 125670

You have some very nice builds there. Welcome and hope you enjoy.

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments(seems long winded to press reply button to all you fine people)have been meddling with a couple of little wingy things as a break from tracks and wheels but with some new found enthusiasm I shall give the stash a prod tomorrow and see what I can find ,once up to primer I'll put the wingy things in the wingy thing section and the vehicle/ tank in the armour build bit I quite often build/work on two at a time as I find im not waiting around for one thing I can crack on with the other ie I dont get bored.
Haven't done a wingy for years probably airfix in the plastic bag with folded over instructions so they might turn out cringe worthy ,when I say years I mean tied to mums washing line with a bit of cotton then shot at with dads air rifle or this time of year removing the canopy and pilot stuffing a banger in the fuselage the tricky bit being once lit being brave enough to time your toss in the air hoping for a mid air explosion.
As you can see I like to waffle on but looking forward to time spent here. Dave

Sweet!

Is the top one a JS-3?
Hi Edbert? Top one is a js/Is 7 you say tomato i say tamato bottomone js/Is 3 both trumpeter kits on the 3 I did a bit to the weld seams and tried to rough cast the turret and front glassis plate? about my limit but worth a go my main mantra has always been to try and make the next one better than the last but it doesn't always go that way but rest assured I'll always show it warts and all. Dave

Latest posts

Back