Hobby Wounds

durangod

Well last week i stabbed my left index finger with the pen knife and now i have a matching wound on my right index finger lol.

This pen knife is a cheap one and lid keeps falling off. I will be shopping for a new safer version that still uses #11 blade.

Do you also have hobby wounds?

(ps i changed the title out of respect for those era members that have true battle wounds)

Last edited:
Well last week i stabbed my left index finger with the pen knife and now i have a matching wound on my right index finger lol.

This pen knife is a cheap one and lid keeps falling off. I will be shopping for a new safer version that still uses #11 blade.

(ps i changed the title out of respect for those era members that have true battle wounds)
I have found these handy little guards after several encounters with the hobby knife. Pantherman

20230109_193305.jpg

Amateur… ever had a micro drill bit snap off and gets embedded in your finger? It's like having a metal sliver.

I've had numerous hobby related injuries with hobby knife sliced, poked, etc... Those Z-Series blades are super sharp and will slice you pretty good.

460A53D6-F3CE-4521-8A81-D59172F37A80.jpeg

Amateur… ever had a micro drill bit snap off and gets embedded in your finger? It's like having a metal sliver.

I've had numerous hobby related injuries with hobby knife sliced, poked, etc... Those Z-Series blades are super sharp and will slice you pretty good.

View attachment 125973
ouch.

Not so many hobby injuries so far but give me time ill get there LOL.

But i do have a long list of shop injuries like almost losing my thumb with the angle grinder stopped half way through it. Drilling a hole in my hand had to go to ER for that one. Dropping a sledge on my foot, that one hurt the most.

Its mostly when im tired and i should stop but i dont, or when i rush. The hand injury i was too lazy to get a clamp and held the piece by hand. It slipped and drill almost got me twice, and the third time right through my hand. I think of it as GOD gave me two warnings and then free will did its thing LOL

Back