How do you know what paint to use on my model

I still don't understand the hot water thing. These have a LOT of curve. What I want to know is what if I swapped the rotors front to back and flipped them upside down... Maybe that would work? As you can see the curve is huge! I lost it, but I had a picture of chinook blades that were bent even further down at the tips.

bendy.png

I don't understand what you don't understand .
Submerge them in boiling water .
at a minimum of 195F they will become quite compliant .
Cooled , the plastic will remain in the new configuration .

Flipping them may be the best way to go. Wait until you have your kit before putting too much more thought into it. Don't do anything with boiling water. Boiling is WAY too hot for plastic anyway.

Study your instructions and wait for your kit.

Rob.

gloves .
tongs .
other ways , yeah ?

how in the world they landed on the moon is still a friggin mystery
I don't have any tong or gloves. Which is better to shape them with seeing as how I will have to buy some. and THEN I have to get my caregiver person to allow the use of boiling water.. So, am I supposed to shape them while they're in the hot water or AM I supposed to lay them flat on like a plate or something and then run the water over them? moon dust? Moon dust will shrink one side and lengthen the other side. Buy Moon Dust at your favorite Hobby Store. Be ware of scams regarding Moon Dust making you pay good prepaid Credit for simple leftovers and sprues ground into dust. Moon Dust is a complete mystery.

Flipping them may be the best way to go. Wait until you have your kit before putting too much more thought into it. Don't do anything with boiling water. Boiling is WAY too hot for plastic anyway.

Study your instructions and wait for your kit.

Rob.
I'm kind of in your boat... Flipping them and not using boiling water...

To reshape thermoplastics they need to be at what's called the glass transition temperature ( Tg )
the Tg for the polystyrene used in these kits is 212F ( 100 C ) ,, coincidently the same temp as boiling water .

Those blades are so thin they won't need to much time in the boiling water .
15 , 20 seconds ?
You can't overheat them since the boiling water will never go above the 212 , but I'm sure you know that .
Wear Gloves , ;)

Okay, lets have a nice kind no hatred debate on my thread. Both Eagle 1 and URUMOMO while their opinions vary lets not be too hasty to post any kind of "I'm better than you are" type posts. Please have a real reply ready and be patient with me as I am Disabled due to Asperger's Syndrome and often have problems communication.

EDIT:: "have problems in communication" Maybe that sentence works? I'm sure you get what I mean...

The only reason I don't want to do the hot water thing is because I don't know where to begin. Flipping the blades upside down might make them have too much curve along the length of the blades. Also, I'm afraid of not getting them all the same curve which leaves me putting the blade on the counter with a flat brick on top of them all at the same time. I have been putting a great deal of time in this, like Ten hours a day, and I understand both sides now.

It took time but now I see Eagle 1 saying to just flip the blades over and that is easy for me to understand. It might take me a week to understand the hot water thing fully but I might start boiling water. All in all I'm scared of ruining the blades and having to buy another kit that costs $112.00 because I was doing something I don't fully understand.

Pretty sure you won't be able to just flip the blades over due to the architecture of those parts .
Maybe not
Maybe so .

don't pit members against each other .
The following WASN'T happening :
your words , ' Okay, lets have a nice kind no hatred debate on my thread. Both Eagle 1 and URUMOMO while their opinions vary lets not be too hasty to post any kind of "I'm better than you are" type posts ."

there wasn't any " better than you " crap happening .
Nonsense .

If you can't handle boiling water then you can't handle boiling water .

Latest posts

Back