How do you know what paint to use on my model

Looks like I can't return the orange paint. it's not that far off really, just a little too bright. .. I'm disabled... and thought that there could never be an orange like the one I got in the mail.

View attachment 126613
Nope. Can't return paint or thinner at all.

Careful using brush cleaner by Vallejo. Vallejo brush cleaner is just that… a cleaner to thoroughly clean your brushes. Don't know how AK Interactive will react to it. I use lacquer thinner or AK Intractive brand thinner to clean my brushes / airbrush.

You need this for AK Interactive 3rd Gen paints:

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...u=3&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber_a&so=d&man=AKI

Your AK Interactive Real Color Black is a Lacquer Acrylic paint - not ALCOHOL based paint. DO NOT use Vallejo Brush Cleaner with Real Color line of paint!!!

Any hardware store lacquer thinner works using Real Color paint line.

Don't take it the wrong way by my response. Just trying to help you out and give some sound advice. Don't worry about the orange. Save it for something else. You'll never know when you'll need that color…or use it anyway. Testors Orange in those small square bottles fits the bill just fine. Look in Hobby Lobby or even Michaels.

Last edited:

Probably not the best as they're aimed at miniature painting rather than scale modelling. You could do with some flat brushes like I mentioned before, and a couple of smaller round tips for detail.

These are some of the ones I use. The biggest (these are cats-tongue brushes) is a bit bigger than my thumb nail. I tend to use that for dusting and use the smaller two for painting big models. The small round tips I use for detailing.

In regards to primer. If you want to prime, but don't want to use Rattle-cans, you can get some decent brush on primers.

IMG-0142.jpg

Nope. Can't return paint or thinner at all.

Careful using brush cleaner by Vallejo. Vallejo brush cleaner is just that… a cleaner to thoroughly clean your brushes. Don't know how AK Interactive will react to it. I use lacquer thinner or AK Intractive brand thinner to clean my brushes / airbrush.

You need this for AK Interactive 3rd Gen paints:

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...u=3&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber_a&so=d&man=AKI

Your AK Interactive Real Color Black is a Lacquer Acrylic paint - not ALCOHOL based paint. DO NOT use Vallejo Brush Cleaner with Real Color line of paint!!!

Any hardware store lacquer thinner works using Real Color paint line.

Don't take it the wrong way by my response. Just trying to help you out and give some sound advice. Don't worry about the orange. Save it for something else. You'll never know when you'll need that color…or use it anyway. Testors Orange in those small square bottles fits the bill just fine. Look in Hobby Lobby or even Michaels.
Wow! That thinner is expensive! I thought someone said that you use water to clean off acrylic...

Can someone post a link to the brushes I need? I'm confused. What about these: brushes Are they better?

Back