How do you know what paint to use on my model

DOH! I thought the brush kit had brushes in it that it doesn't have. I thought it had a fan brush but it does not. I can't see wanting more brushes... I can see getting some higher quality brushes. (Some were damaged in shipping.)

It looks like I need to thin the paint somehow according to a video I just watched. How do I know how much to thin it? I'm using Acrylic and Lacquer paints.

View attachment 126862

These colors are for my CHinook. I think I like the orange better than the original, but I don't like the Olive Drab Faded color. I just now realized that I didn't shake up the bottle of Olive... I bought a bottle of Medium Olive Green and we will have to see how that one fares.

It is supposed to look like this:

Orangemarking001.png

What difference whether it's faded Olive Drab or not. Faded Olive Drab gives it a nice workhorse look. The look on paper is waaay different than the real thing and the actual paint color. Don't judge by looking at the guide comparing it to the paint. Just follow the Federal Satndard color or what the manufacturer recommends for the color.

If it was me, I'd stick with Faded Olive Drab.

Latest posts

Back