Votes: 18 14.4%
  • 3 yrs - 5 yrs

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • 5 yrs - 10 yrs

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • More than 10 years

Votes: 71 56.8%

• Total voters
I've been building models off and on since I was small, but I actually finished some back then. ;D

Off and on since the mid 70s, but mostly on.
Tall people hated my ceiling then, and still do today

hmmmm.....I would say overall, over 25 years.
yes, I'm THAT old school....

just got back into it after a year off due to odd situations ( nagging ex girlfriend for starters... )

images

I was the first one to use the Letter "H" in Hobby you fool!

pant3164.jpg

Here's a Hint !!!

LOL

Hmmm,m was back in 73 when I got into it with my Dad my 1st build by my self was the I think Revell Double Flip Pick up on and off ever since 8)

Aw, Man. 1968
My Pop brought home this 1/72 kit with the battle damaged parts.
I believe Lindberg Line has since re-released it in the past couple
years.
Always had them around. Bought my first airbrush '72-'73 from
AutoWorld in Scranton, Pa. Anyone remember that place? Home of
the original "Big Mike". But,: I digress, an Paasche H1.
Have my old Squadron Shop number around somewhere. You know never
throw nothing away! 73 something.
Geez, proofreading this through I feel like Grand Pa Walton. Lol
I guess more than ten. Probably more than that for the last finished project
also. Primer grey parts all over the place. Can't remember where I put my
glasses. What were we talking about?

Started when I was 5 or 6 building mecha kits from dorvack and robotech. Continued into my teens with miniatures. Picked it up again in my late 20s now I'm in my early 30s and super into it. I've been heavily into miniatures and wargaming lately, although the wargaming seems to get in my way of building scale models...

I started when I was a kid, too. My dad was on the road every so often and went through Iowa and would stop off at Ertl/AMT every now and again. He would bring back a couple of their Star Trek and Star Wars offerings and I would build them up as quick as I could! Also, whenever we'd visit my grandparents they would take me to Ben Franklin to get a model every now and again. I remember building an AMT Falcon with rubber cement. ::) Kids...

Anyway, I dropped out of it throughout high school and most of college. I really didn't pick it up again until right after graduation and slowly came back. 5 years ago is when I really got back into it and every year has been more serious than the previous...I now have several masters to my name and my skills are way better than I could have imagined as a kid. There's still a long way to go, though.... :D

started to get into this fine hobby when we started to save for a house about 7 big ones ago cheaper than going out.......

I have been modelling for approx. 30 or so yrs now. I recieved my first kit when I was 5, which was a snap tite. Istill remember sitting at the kitchen table with my father putting it together. Over the yrs I have built approx 200 or so, and still have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2 to 3 dozen around. with time and skill you eventually want more from your models, and the more detail, the better. I have gotten to the point of opening up doors and trunks, adding electric, hidden motors to help make things seem more realistic ( such as on prop planes and with a bit of tinkering to reduce current also adding smaller motors inside of blower pieces to ake it seem more. Everday life holds so many supplies to help detail, just look around and imagine.

I have been into the hobby since the mid to late 80's. However the actual time where I was building stuff goes up and down with whats going on in my life. I got back into it again in big time after 8 years in 2003 and for a few years I was building at a quick pace. Then I got married and had 2 boys 22 months apart.

Needless to say I became more a kit collector then a kit builder. ??? But the boys are getting older and while I don't have all the time I would like to build it is getting better. My wife and family are my prorities but I still enjoy bench time. I have recently slashed the size of my stash bringing it to a managable level and narrowed my interests to modern/commonwealth armour. It seems to help.

Cheers

Jeff

Latest posts

Back