Leopard 2A6M CAN

Yikes! Guess I need to stop whining about the three sets of links I was working on, none are this tedious. Even though one set was enough to make me opt for the rubber-bands Tamiya shipped to begin with.

If you can stay calm, and keep the frustration level low enough, I know you can do this.

One of the best ways to avoid the tedium of building tracks, IMO, is to not try and do them all in one go. Most people build the whole model and then start on the tracks, meaning they have a lot of dull work ahead with nothing else to break it up. It's far easier if you clean up the parts and build the track in stages while working on the rest of the model, like when there's something drying that you need to wait for, or just as a change from what you were doing.

Totally agree Jakko. I dedicate 20 - 30 mins per bench time at the start and get as many done as I can. By the time I have built the rest of the kit the tracks are done and a long gone nightmare LOL. However others do find it strangely therapeutic. They clearly haven't done Fruils M48 set of tracks. The worst tracks EVER and that includes MASTERCLUB as well. I'm currently managing around 2 to 3 links per 30 mins and the final look is not a good one. Hopefully that will make you feel a little happier Mike LOL

By the time I have built the rest of the kit the tracks are done
For me that's usually the goal, but in practice I usually end up building a good deal of the track after the rest of the model is already finished :)

They clearly haven't done Fruils M48 set of tracks. The worst tracks EVER and that includes MASTERCLUB as well. I'm currently managing around 2 to 3 links per 30 mins
That is really bad, though. AFV Club's plastic T142s, the ones with the octagonal blocks, are quite good and very easy to assemble; too bad their "T97s" are actually T107s and not suitable for M48s-series vehicles (other than the M88 ARV). They are the right thing to put on Takom's M103 heavy tank, though.

Totally agree Jakko. I dedicate 20 - 30 mins per bench time at the start and get as many done as I can. By the time I have built the rest of the kit the tracks are done and a long gone nightmare LOL. However others do find it strangely therapeutic. They clearly haven't done Fruils M48 set of tracks. The worst tracks EVER and that includes MASTERCLUB as well. I'm currently managing around 2 to 3 links per 30 mins and the final look is not a good one. Hopefully that will make you feel a little happier Mike LOL
Who finds it " strangely therapeutic " should be shot !

For me that's usually the goal, but in practice I usually end up building a good deal of the track after the rest of the model is already finished :)

That is really bad, though. AFV Club's plastic T142s, the ones with the octagonal blocks, are quite good and very easy to assemble; too bad their "T97s" are actually T107s and not suitable for M48s-series vehicles (other than the M88 ARV). They are the right thing to put on Takom's M103 heavy tank, though.
Thats good to read.Ive got a couple of T142 sets for my M60 family of kits so phew.

Latest posts

Back