Need help.

0321Man

I have a 1/35 Verlinden M4 Sherman engine compartment, but no instructions. Does anyone have a copy they could share? Or tell me where I can find it on line? Thank you in advance.

Howdy!

This one?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

If'n it ain't, I ain't got 'em, but make these into posters.

If'n 'tis... You're welcome!

;)

Rob.

I've only dealt with a couple of Verlinden products but I don't think they usually include any instructions .
They did for the more complicated kits (see, for example, this one), so I would expect there to be one for this, as an engine compartment is not really a straightforward thing to build. Unfortunately, Scalemates doesn't have the instructions for the M4 engine compartment set, as you can see at the link @urumomo provided.

@0321Man: do you want to use the Verlinden set specifically, or do you just want an engine in an M4? Because if it's the latter, you would almost certainly be better off buying the MiniArt R975 engine set, will be easier to build than the resin one from Verlinden.

MiniArt 35321.jpg

It shows an M3 medium tank, but the same engine was in M4s and M4A1s, like it says in the text at upper right of the box top. The set includes exhaust pipes for both early M3s, and late M3s and M4s.

This is only the engine, not the engine compartment walls etc., but those are easy enough to make from some plastic card, and once the engine is in, you can't see much else of what's in the engine compartment anyway — he said from experience :)

Gladness!

I hope that helps some, but it ain't great. I'll see if I can find better, but don't hold your breath.

Rob.

Back