New Star Wars Movie in 2015

Cave_Dweller said:
I didn't know that Disney was behind the marvel stuff.mthose are good movies.

That being said, think Star Wars should go away for a good long time. The prequels were garbage, with crappy actors, and lacked the organic, asymmetric, grimey quality that made the originals such a hit, IMO. Those movies were just so original and had so many creative people working on them, all on the same wavelength. It will be a slim chance to ever see movies that good again.

All the material to come after has just been scraping the barrel, trying to cash in on that original synergy of creative people. Well, that's Hollywood for ya.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I just can't see any good material coming out of new Star Wars movies. It's all gotten too well defined now, with too much lore and history. I loved the original movies because it left stuff to your imagination. I think that's a good thing.

This is as bad an idea as a new Star Trek series would be. ;D :p

As you said, you didn't know that the Marvel franchise was owned by Disney, and they have done a marvelous job with those. No reason they won't give the same treatment to the Star Wars franchise.

Biggest thing they have going for them is with Ep 7, they essentially have a clean slate to start with. The bad guys lost, the good guys won, and everyone lives happily ever after.

The way I see it, they have 2 choices with Ep 7.....the less likely one is to set Ep 7 so far in the future from Ep 6, that they are all new characters, and nothing left over from the previous movies (other than maybe R2 and C3P0, they are after all robots), this way it is truly a clean slate, and then the purists really can't comment on the continuity of the series, other than the Star Wars novels and books that have been produced.

The more likely scenario is Ep 7 takes place 10-30yrs down the road (that number really depends upon if and whom they want to get for actor cameos from Ep 4-6), couple cameos from maybe Harrison Ford, and/or Carrie Fisher (please, please...no Mark Hamil!!), more of a passing of the torch from the old crew of Ep 4-6 to the new crew of Ep 7 and beyond.

Either way, I am sure Disney will do a bang up job with it. The purists will never be happy.

No different than the reboot of the Star Trek franchise. As far as I am concerned, J.J. Abrams is a freaking genius with what he did with the last film. Basically taking the entire time line of Star Trek and turning it upside down and creating his own reality. Sure....15mins into the movie, every die hard Star Trek purists were cursing ever hearing the name J.J. Abrams, but in the end, that purist group is a very small piece of the pie when compared to all of the new fans he made with the movie.

As far as a new series for TV.....I think it will be quite some time before we see something like that. If they were to start something right now, I think the only avenue would be to take one of the characters from TNG (Worf) and make him a starship captain. Other than that, the only direction I could see would be going far enough into the future from the TNG era that they could basically write their own lineage, with the occasional cameo from some of the TNG characters, otherwise I think it would be short lived. Enterprise was a great series in my opinion, just never got the reception they were looking for, but I think was pulled from TV pre-maturely.

The way I see it, we all have opinions on how the movies should be made, what kind of quality they will be etc etc. The one thing I think we all have pretty much in common is that we will go see the movies. I for one am excited. That, and I kinda liked Jar Jar..... ::)

Latest posts

Back