Newbie to this forum but not to modelling

Peter

Hi

A few old friends form another forum (some from the old Military Modelling forum) have come here so I thought I would join them. It is also nice to see more figure modelling.

Like many I modelled as a kid, then as a teenager girls became more of a priority, then job and family. i returned in the late 90's continuing since then. My problem is that I tend for jump between periods, figures, vehicles, busts, dioramas - a bit of a modelling 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

I thought by way of introduction i would post a few photos of some past models:

I sculpt figures and for a while I sculpted, and sold busts under the Sarnia Miniatures brand, here is a selection:

IMG_1553.jpeg

One of my loves is modelling VC holders; here are some more busts and a selection VC related figures/vignettes:
IMG_1555.jpeg

I do like Hetzers:
IMG_1546.jpeg

A WW1 diorama of the Western Front:

IMG_1538.jpeg

I have been known to paint flats - these are 30mm:
IMG_1548.jpeg

A complete change of scale - 1/285;
IMG_1545.jpeg
and
IMG_1539.jpeg

This is a diorama I am particularly pleased with - a hovering helicopter! The helicopter is supported by a wire which goes through the soldier's arm, body and right leg into the base.

IMG_1552.jpeg
Peter

Welcome Aboard !

So the wire thru the soldier , you placed it into a channel from the back ?
What type / size of wire ?

Welcome Aboard !

So the wire thru the soldier , you placed it into a channel from the back ?
What type / size of wire ?
Hi urumama

i drilled a hole through the foot and up into the lower leg, as far a the drill reached, after that I used a Dremmel to carve a channel through the upper leg and into the body. The hole in the body was big enough for two wires. A second wire came down from the body through the left leg and out the left foot. The wire was about 1.25mm diameter.

The helicopter landing skid was made from the same size rod and fixed to the wire coming out of the left foot.

Some paperclip wire was put in the left arm and fixed to the vertical post of the doorway. The wire through the legs takes thd weight, the one through the arm provides some stability. It was as much engineering as modelling!

peter

I forgot to mention, one of my other hobbies is book binding. Here is my collection of Military Modelling magazines which I bound:

IMG_1400.jpeg

fantastic source of reference material.
peter

How do. Y'all come on in.

Make sure ya' shut the door, we're having a swarm of Brits.

Rob.

Hi

A few old friends form another forum (some from the old Military Modelling forum) have come here so I thought I would join them. It is also nice to see more figure modelling.

Like many I modelled as a kid, then as a teenager girls became more of a priority, then job and family. i returned in the late 90's continuing since then. My problem is that I tend for jump between periods, figures, vehicles, busts, dioramas - a bit of a modelling 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

I thought by way of introduction i would post a few photos of some past models:

I sculpt figures and for a while I sculpted, and sold busts under the Sarnia Miniatures brand, here is a selection:

View attachment 126657

One of my loves is modelling VC holders; here are some more busts and a selection VC related figures/vignettes:
View attachment 126658

I do like Hetzers:
View attachment 126659

A WW1 diorama of the Western Front:

View attachment 126660

I have been known to paint flats - these are 30mm:
View attachment 126662

A complete change of scale - 1/285;
View attachment 126661
and
View attachment 126664

This is a diorama I am particularly pleased with - a hovering helicopter! The helicopter is supported by a wire which goes through the soldier's arm, body and right leg into the base.

View attachment 126663
Peter
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Back