Newby old man

OldManModeller

I'm new here, and as I get older, I'm going with larger scale models. Just finishing up a 1/16th Stug III from Das Werk.
Anyway, I've been building plastic model kits since the late 1960's. I love the relaxation of the hobby to this day and have always built kits for fun. And for the occasional built-in firecracker or M80 explosions in the 1970's. Kids will be kids.

Anyway, those days of destruction are over. Everything I build now goes on the shelf.

I build anything from Funny cars, pickup trucks, tractors, sci-fi, battleships and armor. But mostly WWII soft skins and armor.

Model on.

Eric

Last edited:
Welcome!!!!! Many great people here with good advice. Post pictures of your builds as you go, we like to see.

I'm new here, and as I get older, I'm going with larger scale models. Just finishing up a 1/16th Stug III from Das Werk.
Anyway, I've been building plastic model kits since the late 1960's. I love the relaxation of the hobby to this day and have always built kits for fun. And for the occasional built-in firecracker or M80 explosions in the 1970's. Kids will be kids.

Anyway, those days of destruction are over. Everything I build now goes on the shelf.

I build anything from Funny cars, pickup trucks, tractors, sci-fi, battleships and armor. But mostly WWII soft skins and armor.

Model on.

Eric
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Welcome to the Herd, Eric! I look forward to seeing your builds.
Best regards,
Brad

Welcome to the madness. Lots of knowledge here. Post pics of your builds, we like to see.

Thank you all for the welcome and kind words.

Wrapping up my 1/16th scale Stug. Finishing the machine gun details and its install and will complete all the weathering soon.

This kit by Das Werks was pretty good, but I am not a purist regarding accuracy. They should have completed the interior, but for the price, I cannot complain. Most of the people who will see my completed model, which is my family and friends: Don't even know what a WWII Stug III is. So, I only have to impress myself. Just having fun and relaxing.

Be well. Model on,

Eric

Cigarette pack included for scale..

20240829_212536.jpg

Thanks. My Badger 155 Anthem airbrush quit... Not wanting to wait for a new airbrush... I hand brushed the monster... LOL.. I know. Bad form!

But it is what it is.

Thank you all for the welcome and kind words.

Wrapping up my 1/16th scale Stug. Finishing the machine gun details and its install and will complete all the weathering soon.

This kit by Das Werks was pretty good, but I am not a purist regarding accuracy. They should have completed the interior, but for the price, I cannot complain. Most of the people who will see my completed model, which is my family and friends: Don't even know what a WWII Stug III is. So, I only have to impress myself. Just having fun and relaxing.

Be well. Model on,

Eric

Cigarette pack included for scale..

View attachment 123425
Looks great, nice build. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back