Old male armour

I added "mud" today. I used some very fine mulch so it has kind of a dead grass look to it.
I mixed that with some Mod Podge and some Vallejo acrylic.
I am still planning to, somehow, use the tank, and possibly a truck.
I also added mud to the soldier's uniforms and to their boots. I'll post that later.

20240625_180805.jpg

20240625_180813.jpg

20240625_180817.jpg

This really puts how narrow some of the trench might have been in perspective. As soon as I get the benches and possibly some make-shift boxes it will really show how narrow they were.
I still have the dilemma of making the diorama with the materials I have.

20240626_162723.jpg

20240626_162756.jpg

20240626_162816.jpg

20240626_162836.jpg

There is nothing wrong with your figures, they turned out very nice. All-in-all you did an amazing job with the trench and everything.

Just trying some ideas.
This foam is too slick for anything to adhear to it. So, I think I will use the styro side and add shell craters. I've already did a test and it looks just OK. I'll have to keep playing around with the crater idea, if I decide to use them.
So many possibilities with the tank.

20240630_230131.jpg

20240630_230159.jpg

20240630_230252.jpg

20240630_230345.jpg

20240630_230409.jpg

20240630_230419.jpg

Gary - Love the diorama work. On the narrow trenches the Germans made their tranches wider after the Mark 1's were able to drive over them. That is why you see photos of the Mark IV's with the big bundles of sticks. They used the bundles of sticks to fill in the wider trenches to cross.

This thread really got me on a WW1 kick. I think I have a kit for every WW1 armored car that was mass produced. Also have a German A7V and French FT-17.

I'm planning to do a diorama with the Mark I Male in the desert and the female in the wet, though maybe not really muddy. Hoping to get around to doing that soon. I kind of disappeared a bit. I got intersted in the crazy WW1 camo jobs and built a couple other tanks. I did a French St. Chamond. That is what is in the movie clip, that tank is huge. Then built this French Scneider CA-1. The idea of the camo on these was to hide the shape from airplanes, not to make them hard to see in general, that's why they used the odd colors like pink and blue even though they would have been easy to see.

Schneid-032-L.jpg

One interesting detail on the French tank was a sign board that could be raised from inside the tank. The purpose was to signal infantry way behind the tank that it was time to move forward. That is what the red and white striped board is. In the kit it was just glued down and I got curious what purpose it served.

Schneid-030-L.jpg

I've been doing work on a wood model hopefully back to the Mark 1's soon.

Gary - Love the diorama work. On the narrow trenches the Germans made their tranches wider after the Mark 1's were able to drive over them. That is why you see photos of the Mark IV's with the big bundles of sticks. They used the bundles of sticks to fill in the wider trenches to cross.

This thread really got me on a WW1 kick. I think I have a kit for every WW1 armored car that was mass produced. Also have a German A7V and French FT-17.

I'm planning to do a diorama with the Mark I Male in the desert and the female in the wet, though maybe not really muddy. Hoping to get around to doing that soon. I kind of disappeared a bit. I got intersted in the crazy WW1 camo jobs and built a couple other tanks. I did a French St. Chamond. That is what is in the movie clip, that tank is huge. Then built this French Scneider CA-1. The idea of the camo on these was to hide the shape from airplanes, not to make them hard to see in general, that's why they used the odd colors like pink and blue even though they would have been easy to see.

View attachment 119264

One interesting detail on the French tank was a sign board that could be raised from inside the tank. The purpose was to signal infantry way behind the tank that it was time to move forward. That is what the red and white striped board is. In the kit it was just glued down and I got curious what purpose it served.

View attachment 119265

I've been doing work on a wood model hopefully back to the Mark 1's soon.
Very nice kits, and interesting history too. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back