Paint source

TimM63

Glue Member
I am looking to buy and complete line of paint, either Tamiya or Mr Hobby/Mr Color.
I don't want to piece meal a complete set.
Does anyone know where I can get them?
I have done internet searches but haven't found anything. Just little six or eight bottle sets.

If you are in the U.S., Mega Hobby has sells a Tamiya "one of every color" package. It includes one bottle of every Tamiya X and XF color.
Thanks. I didn't see that when I looked at the site

Go to www.scalehobbyist.com

They have THE a best prices all around on all your hobby needs.

MegaHobby Tamiya price: $2.90

Scalehobbyist Tamiya price: $2.79

Scalehobbyist is my #1 online hobby store over everybody else. ie: Spruebrothers, Squadron, etc…

I will shop elsewhere if they have a better price or better sale prices.

Sometimes Hobbylinc has good prices on model kits. I've ordered from them a couple times if scalehobbyist didn't have what I'm looking for.

Go to www.scalehobbyist.com

They have THE a best prices all around on all your hobby needs.

MegaHobby Tamiya price: $2.90

Scalehobbyist Tamiya price: $2.79

Scalehobbyist is my #1 online hobby store over everybody else. ie: Spruebrothers, Squadron, etc…

I will shop elsewhere if they have a better price or better sale prices.

Sometimes Hobbylinc has good prices on model kits. I've ordered from them a couple times if scalehobbyist didn't have what I'm looking for.
Thanks Black Sheep. I don't want to order individual bottles of paint for the initial purchase. I was looking for a complete set.
I will be buying individual bottles when I order replacements.

Thats is definitely the way to do it!!
Get the entire set of paints at the start.
Not only do you save a little on the overall price (looks like about 20%)
but you are going to save on future shipping costs, and/or trips to the hobby store.
Plus the time spent/wasted/waiting on future orders.
It all adds up, doesn't it.

I'm impressed.
I almost wish I built enough plastic models to justify buying a set of paints!
(I've only built two plastic kits in 30 years)

FYI in Canada, the full set of Tamiya paints is 106 paints. I wonder what the extra two are?

Thats is definitely the way to do it!!
Get the entire set of paints at the start.
Not only do you save a little on the overall price (looks like about 20%)
but you are going to save on future shipping costs, and/or trips to the hobby store.
Plus the time spent/wasted/waiting on future orders.
It all adds up, doesn't it.

I'm impressed.
I almost wish I built enough plastic models to justify buying a set of paints!
(I've only built two plastic kits in 30 years)

FYI in Canada, the full set of Tamiya paints is 106 paints. I wonder what the extra two are?
The set I got is missing two colors. XF90 (red brown) and XF93 (light brown). Don't know why.

A
The set I got is missing two colors. XF90 (red brown) and XF93 (light brown). Don't know why.
Actually, MegaHobby notes on the website that those 2 colors are not included: https://www.megahobby.com/products/complete-tamiya-paint-deal-104-bottles-every-color.html

I don't know why those aren't included, either. But I will add that this isn't a Tamiya set, that is, one that Tamiya offers in its own catalog. This is more like a combination that MegaHobby has put together. I have a contact there with Stevens International-their marketing director-and I can ask him if he can find out why those 2 colors explicitly are excluded.

Just an FYI, I run a small hobby shop that has started to sell online if there is interest. A full set of paint like that could have done at a discount as well.

Just an FYI, I run a small hobby shop that has started to sell online if there is interest. A full set of paint like that could have done at a discount as well.
Do you have a website?

I have a tentative answer about the offering from MegaHobby, and the red brown and light brown. That's that it's possible that those 2 colors are out of stock at the moment. Remember, it's not a set Tamiya has put together, it's just one of every color on the shelf in the warehouse at the moment.

Pantherman is gonna love it!...lol... In all seriousness, it's a great way to organize the paints.

This is cool, and for me, timely!

You seem to be a sci-fi guy, so I'll ask...

Who makes the best X-wing fighter kit today? I built one in the late 70s (could have been 1980) but I do not remember the manufacturer, or to be honest if it were an X-Wing or the Battlestar Galactica fighter that (slightly) resembled it.

Always thinking not of the next kit, but the one after that, you know.

Latest posts

Back