paint thinner

Tye g

Hi guys n gals
so I have now worked up the courage to use my airbrush more often , but the cost of buying thinners is killing me . i was wondering if anyone has any ideas about where in UK i buy buy larger quantities of thinners say 5Ltr cans that WILL thin the paint ? .
I have found this one XYLENE THINNERS BRAND IS Multicrete but it does not say paint thinning , it does say Acrylic seamer ??
Many thanks for taking time to read my post and thankyou in advance of any comments .
all the best
Tye

Link to the product ?

Xylene ( xylol / dimethylbenzene ) is potent .
Used thinning alkyds only .
Will solvent weld polystyrene .

What paint are you trying to thin ?

Link to the product ?

Xylene ( xylol / dimethylbenzene ) is potent .
Used thinning alkyds only .
Will solvent weld polystyrene .

What paint are you trying to thin ?
i usually use Tamiya or vellijo acrylic s

Those are 2 different acrylic resins .

You can use lacquer thinner with the Tamiya .
The Vallejo won't work with that .
There are a lot of good thinners that are alcohol free that will work with Vallejo .
They are mainly water and propylene glycol .

You can buy propylene glycol cheap off Amazon .;
It takes a very small amount . The glycol is a retarder .

Yup… aside from Tamiya own thinner, lacquer thinner works with Tamiya. I use it to clean my AB too.

Vallejo…. don't get me started on that brand of paint.

Ok guys thankyou for your advice it will be something I will be looking at in very near future , so I see a lot of different makes of paints but all seem to be in the 10 mil - 17mil range and all roughly same price 2or 3 quid each what in your opinion is a good brand of paint bear in mind most of my models are military aircraft,ship s ect so I tend to use a lot of greys anthracite and most company's sell all that I seem to need but as I said what are the best ones you guys recommend???
Many thanks
Tye

AK Real Colors , similar to Tamiya's chemistry but with a much wider range of colors .
Alcohols are compatible with both .

Latest posts

Back