Painting translucent parts, which primer/paint to use?

BuckeyeROC

Welcome Aboard !

I'm not familiar with that kit but I'm fairly certain the material is polystyrene like the majority of plastic model kits .
That Tamiya polycarbonate paint is super hot ( hi solvent that will damage styrene ) and even Tamiya tells you " Never use these paints on plastic models. "
so ,
use their lacquer .
You can spray that blue directly to the plastic but you'll get better color if you use their WHITE fine surface primer beneath it .

Welcome Aboard !

I'm not familiar with that kit but I'm fairly certain the material is polystyrene like the majority of plastic model kits .
That Tamiya polycarbonate paint is super hot ( hi solvent that will damage styrene ) and even Tamiya tells you " Never use these paints on plastic models. "
so ,
use their lacquer .
You can spray that blue directly to the plastic but you'll get better color if you use their WHITE fine surface primer beneath it .
Thank you!

Hello everyone! I'm about to build my first gunpla ( https://gundamplacestore.com/produc...-frame-tc-prototype-testing-machine-model-kit ) and would like to paint over the green translucent parts. I don't need to keep the translucent quality, just want to paint them brilliant blue instead of green. Questions:

1. Do I use Tamiya Polycarbonate PS-30 Brilliant Blue or Tamiya Spray Lacquer TS-44 Brilliant Blue?
2. What primer should I use for the answer to #1?

Thank you for any help!
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back