Planet of the Apes General Ursus 1973

Nikati

Finally getting around to posting this build. It took till I finished it to get around to it. Took more work than I thought it would as parts didn't fit the greatest and for some reason primer was having problems hold at areas. I originally washed with soap and water. After I stripped the general I rewashed with soap and water and then wiped down with alcohol and still had some issues. It will be a birthday present for fiancee this December, hopefully she will like it as she is a fan. I custom mixed the sleeves and pants which turn up brighter in then pictures than in person. Even with the headaches was still a fun build, gave more practice for landscaping as well.

1000000297.jpg1000000293.jpg1000000292.jpg1000000295.jpg1000000296.jpg1000000298.jpg1000000300.jpg1000000291.jpg1000000299.jpg1000000299.jpg

I had to resize these pictures as I took them with a real camera and they were +/- 7MB. The coloring is much closer than with phone.
I didn't want him to be a lefty so I glued is rifle in the right had instead. Funny thing is the image on the box he is a righty lol. His short sword is still on the wrong side but it is what it is now, still like it even with his right hand not gripping enough.
DSC_0023(1).JPGDSC_0024(1).JPGDSC_0025(1).JPG

Looks cool. Did you use anything to get that smooth look after you painted the General? Reason I ask is because it's very smooth looking; a natural finished look to it.

Looks cool. Did you use anything to get that smooth look after you painted the General? Reason I ask is because it's very smooth looking; a natural finished look to it.
I just used Vallejo Game Color. I custom mixed both purples to try to get the color close. It was also airbrushed on. I did not have to thin them down with my airbrush.

Oh man.. talk about a blast from the past. I absolutely loved The Planet of the Apes series kits back in the 70s. I built almost everyone of them except Gen. Aldo and Cornelius.
I do to, girlfriend got be a Blu-ray box set of the original movies one year for birthday. I only remember one of the models from back then, so when I got an opportunity to get this one for a six pack I took it.

Latest posts

Back