Pre-Shading..... With Blood....

adampolo13

Hey guys, so here is a pic of my finger 18 hours post slice. I just left the doctors office and apparently there is a small artery that goes up to the tip of this finger. You guessed it, I hit it. Good news is the flow of blood has slowed. Bad news is they can't stich it up. After 6 hours an open cut cannot be stiched due to the increased rate of infection. So, now I have a huge bandaid, splint, and a much longer healing time. Whoops. Leason Learned! Next time I slice myself, I must go to the doctor right away. No more chalking up the blood squirting out of my finger to pre-shadding....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yeah ...Thats always nice ;D ;D ;D Quick tip for next time (hopefully there wont be ;) Super glue ....yip ,just superglue it ,stings a bit but works . Superglue was originally developed for that very purpose , a quick field repair until the patient got to surgery ;), sqeeze the cut closed and add a drop to the top .

Chris.

I am proud to say following the incident I did wrap it in duct tape and finish the frame for the HETT. Next time, and i'm sure there will be a next time, I'll make sure to use the super glue.

You always need to clean the wound. Then let it bleed for a few seconds. You're built that way, that's how we get dirt out of wounds. Then close it and CA it. Then a bandaid with some antibiotic and your good to go. Especially a fingertip cut like that. Just ponder for a moment every germ and bacteria infest place you laid that role of duct tape down. Now picture every place and everybody that handled in the store. Now picture the trucks, warehouse, and factory it came from. Mmmm, sanitary! ;) ;D

Man I feel ya!! I am deadly with a #11 blade...at times my hands look like they were in a blender :-\ so the commandant bought a bottle of liquid bandaid that I keep on my work table...she didn't like the blood dripping on the floor...CA does work like Chris says it stings.
Looks like you'll heal up...be careful!

I did that back in High School, got four stitches in the tip of my finger. I still have a pretty nasty scar there.....

nice one there mate but you need to be more of a die hard modeler just hit it with crazy glue or the hot iron then back to modeling lol.

Cuts on the finger tip are the worse in my trade cuts are common we found electrical tape works great as far as crazy glue you can accualy but medical crazy glue which is safer.

Chris S said:
Yeah ...Thats always nice ;D ;D ;D Quick tip for next time (hopefully there wont be ;) Super glue ....yip ,just superglue it ,stings a bit but works . Superglue was originally developed for that very purpose , a quick field repair until the patient got to surgery ;), sqeeze the cut closed and add a drop to the top .

Chris.
Yep, works evertime. Trust me. LOL.

CTspeedshop said:
Chris S said:

Chris.
Yep, works evertime. Trust me. LOL.
Been here, done this. Remember the sting all too well. But, it was also the only thing that would keep it from bleeding

Latest posts

Back