Proper photo sizes ?????

ha ha Rookie, your starting to sound like adampolo now Mate. Ill get there trust me. 2013 is a new year for Hooterville, with bigger and better things. IVe got to have the proper setups and equipment to do such work. Itll be aight. Thanks for the kind words my friend. I dont think the tank that Ian sent me is going to wait till after the new year starts because I was looking at it last night for a few hours and its really itching at me t get built. So we shall see. Im doing some research as we speak because the instructions dont give much painting instructions for the main body of the tank. From some different research Ive found that many countries actually used this tank and have different paint schemes. The decals IVe received in the kit are both USA and I believe off the top of my head Germany. So Im looking and researching for different paint jobs of the USA tanks. Will print some photos and reference off that. I think Im enjoying reading about the Military as much as I am about building lol. Ive already figured out that their is a series of other kits that go with the M113 tank so Im actually looking to purchase them as well. I think this Military bug is really going to bite me.

Hey Hooterville, the nice thing about Armor, at least from what I've experienced so far, you can build lots of it all at once. Then you can do the majority of the painting at one time. This works really well for me as painting in the garage, now that it's cold is kinda pain. That and my wife enjoys me being in the house, even if I'm just sitting at the table sniffing glue and smashing plastic together.

If your really itching to start the tank, I say go for it! Throw some plastic around and see what happens. Just have fun with it, try not to pressure yourself to make it perfect. You'll find that it's not as difficult as you may pressently percieve.

ah Mate, being Bi polar when I start something I cant finish until I feel its the most perfect as I can get it. Hence the reason I'm redoing the man cave. There was something about it that just wasn't "right". I've found that when I prepare my kits to build that doing it this way works best for me. I have big index cards that I use. I cover the index cards with tape. I go by the instructions, in order and put all pieces of one color on a index card, then document on a list on the reverse side of the index card so I know what pieces are what. I do all the painting FIRST. That way it is allowed the proper time to dry and cure. Once all the painting is done, I start building. That's worked great to this point BUT, I've since learned that its easier to build each sub assembly first, then paint after the assemblies are put together. To this point I've painted everything with the airbrush. Putting all the sub assemblies together seems to me that I'm going to have to do a bit more brush painting as I'm not really that good with the airbrush yet. Learning this airbrushing techniques hasn't been all the easy for me. I seem to go through way more paint then others do while painting a kit.

Im going to give the tank I'm going to build a try with the building of each sub assembly first then painting when complete other then the bigger parts that I know will need additional colors other then one color. Hope you can understand my mumble jumble lol. I'm actually thinking I'm going to be able to finish the spray booth tomorrow, shoot to the building supply and get the hose I need to finish my sink. So I think Ill be able to finish everything in the man cave tomorrow or Sunday then start building the tank Monday.

I'm hoping to be able to use the little ones camera that I used to take the photos of my completed builds yesterday to actually take some photos of the WIP to post on the other board. Actually would like to try my luck at a video or two introducing myself etc to post on my you tube account as well. I'm excited man. Always something new going on. Learning constantly just gotta put what I'm reading and learning into effect. Stay tuned Mate. Will get the tank started soon. I actually have one Nascar kit that Id like to get together for a buddy of mine for a Christmas present so I'm thinking maybe I can work on both of them at the same time, painting one kit one day the other the next while the ones curing work on the other etc. So soon my friend soon. I have my eye on the other kits that go with the series of the M113 Tank that I got as well :D Hoping to get the entire series. There's a couple of cool armor vehicles that go with the series that Id like to do.

Heck I'm not even against getting some of the AK products and attempting my luck at weathering.

Latest posts

Back