Querstion for anyone who is familiar with 1/32 Tamiya Corsair kit

It should be obvious that I set the Corsair aside for a while. I was very satisfied with my decision to have the wings folded. The kit has amazing detail with push-rods, hinges, and hydraulics in the gap, and I seldom see them built this way. That I realized I had folded the wings on a USMC build (who flew almost exclusively from land in 1943) it was too late to change.

Or was it?

It was not pretty, and the final product is very weak but holding. I took the snips and cut those main spars, then nuked the details on the inside of both wing halves. By using a Frankenstein combo of parts meant to both configs I was able to cobble it together. Why did I do this? Two main reasons. The wings wobbled when the air-conditioning was on, the alignment of the wingtips was off by about 1/4 inch. I could not abide.

This is about the last picture before the snipper-massacre.
1720734739156.png

From the Police files.
1720734813126.png

And the current state. I have a short list of items to complete on both of these. Then on to the F-16 you might have seen in the background. Although I'll probably squirrel back and forth a few times on that plan.
1720735004410.png

Latest posts

Back