Quick shine gloss coat problems.

It all depends on where the future was made. For instance. If you bought it in 2023? The alcoids in the polymer mixture sometimes solidify in the SpaceTime continuum thus making the very sought after, but highly volatile, shine.
Good to know, but this doesn't seem to answer the original question of what to use to clean an airbrush after using. ;)

Evidently that stuff sets off fast when exposed to alcohols .
So avoid alcohols when cleaning it out of the AB .

Lacquer thinners contain alcohol . Hardware store lacquer thinner is chiefly methanol and acetone , with the kitchen sink of solvents thrown in as filler .
" lacquer thinner " is like the word " beer " . Doesn't tell you much .
You need the SDS to know exactly what it is .

Mineral spirits aren't compatible with waterborne acrylics .

I would clean it with water , soapy water if you want , then break it down and you can clean the components with acetone or an AB cleaner like Tamiya's ., or even isopropyl by that point .

Like I said , that Pledge " Future " is some of the easiest stuff to run in an AB ever .
Never had any issues just flushing everything with water .
It's for mopping onto floors so water cleanup is kinda paramount .

As mentioned before, I use Pledge Revive It in my airbrush. I use windex to clean my brush:

"Some Windex products contain ammonia, while others are ammonia-free. Windex's original glass cleaner contains ammonia-D, which helps it clean fingerprints, dirt, and other messes before you wipe. However, Windex also offers ammonia-free glass cleaners and multi-surface cleaners, including:
Windex Electronics Wipes: Can be used on glass, chrome, stainless steel, plastic, vinyl surfaces, and tinted windows
Windex Disinfectant Cleaner Multi-Surface with Glade Rainshower: Can be used on glass and is safe to use on windows
Windex Ammonia-Free Glass Cleaner: Works best on car windows when the surface is cool and out of direct sunlight
Windex also offers a vinegar glass cleaner that doesn't contain ammonia and is safe to use on all glass surfaces."

okay-sounds-good.gif

a bit late to the party, but IIRC if this is the same formula as the other over the years then the Pledge recommends Ammonia to clean/remove possibly even reactivate the dried clear coat of the product.

I think they even have that in the instructions on the back of one of the bottles

Reactivate ??
you ain't reactivating chit .

The label on the Pledge does tell you to clean the floor prior to application , and to remove existing product , using their cleaner and ammonia .

Chemistry is hard.:rolleyes:

Oh wait…I don't really care about the chemistry properties in hobby paints and thinners. Wing it and learn from your mistakes.

Believe me, I've experimented and learned enough over these last 50 years in this hobby. Once you figure out what works and doesn't work, keep a mental note of it all.

Chemistry properties…. I ain't got time for that…

Chemistry is hard.:rolleyes:

Oh wait…I don't really care about the chemistry properties in hobby paints and thinners. Wing it and learn from your mistakes.

Believe me, I've experimented and learned enough over these last 50 years in this hobby. Once you figure out what works and doesn't work, keep a mental note of it all.

Chemistry properties…. I ain't got time for that…
Do you need a Snickers?

Latest posts

Back