Revell H145 medivac chopper

Well my kit is here, it's a huge heavy very full packed box of stuff. This kit was £50 but I found one for £30 so definitely got my moneys worth.

Actually, I would still be pleased if I had paid full price as there is so much kit.

Having a flick through the destructions I noticed that an awful lot of parts will not be used so great spare bit's for the future. Pantherman
View attachment 121592View attachment 121593View attachment 121594View attachment 121595View attachment 121596
£30.00 isn't too bad for this kit. Looks like you got the most BANG for your money.
I think that's about $40 US dollars.

That would be a fun group build!
But, I'm still working on the Colonel's Phantom.

£30.00 isn't too bad for this kit. Looks like you got the most BANG for your money.
I think that's about $40 US dollars.

That would be a fun group build!
But, I'm still working on the Colonel's Phantom.
This one will be a very slow build as I want to get it spot on so it can be given to the air ambulance to sell and raise funds.

I'm thinking lights and a controllable rotor spin for start up and running. Lot's to think about. Something like the photo attached. Pantherman

Screenshot_20240804_160819_Google.jpg

Looks like I'm late here. Very interesting to see the UK has the same choppers that hospitals in Austin TX have. I spent 11 years working across the street from a major hospital, saw these come and go regularly.

It is your kit, so ALWAYS do what you want, but...

I love the idea of lights, but a rotating wing? Not so much. I'm afraid you'll not be able to get near enough rotational speed. It would look weird rotating slowly.

Looks like I'm late here. Very interesting to see the UK has the same choppers that hospitals in Austin TX have. I spent 11 years working across the street from a major hospital, saw these come and go regularly.

I love the idea of lights, but a rotating wing? Not so much. I'm afraid you'll not be able to get near enough rotational speed. It would look weird rotating slowly.
Yeah, been pondering on that one. I have a few idea's I'm going to test well before trying to fit anything to the kit.

Luckily, the kit has a fair bit of space to fit a micro motor so if it all works in practice it should be OK. I know, famous Last words. Pantherman

Austin? "Keep Austin Weird"
I'm in Houston.

Austin? "Keep Austin Weird"
I'm in Houston.
Keith and I grew up in Houston within miles of each other.

1965-1971 In Friendswood (Dad worked for NASA)
1971-1972 in Scotia NY, a short ways from Albany (Dad worked on nuke-subs for GE)
1973-1982 in the Memorial area of W. Houston (Nukes for TX)

Then I left for college in '82 and have never lived there again.

I understand why people live there, but I also confess I only visit when I have to. Work and family, both take me there from time to time. I'm just very much not into crowds, and Austin can want to be weird all they want, but it is like any other metropolis today, boring&stinky with long lines and high costs everywhere.

Last edited:
I have decided to build one of these bad boys but think I'm really going to go for it with lights, moving rotors, the works.

The bottom photo was of the older Airbus chopper but gives an idea of the diorama.

I expect it to take a couple of months, maybe longer. Pantherman
View attachment 121411View attachment 121412
So I made a start with this one. Got some of the cockpit and cabin floor done plus a few controls. Most of the cockpit will not be seen but I'm still going overboard on it as it's for the charity. The light spots on the deck are where I touched in some marks and not quite dry when I took the photos. Pantherman
20240816_115757.jpg20240817_185822.jpg20240817_185839.jpg20240817_185848.jpg

So I made a start with this one. Got some of the cockpit and cabin floor done plus a few controls. Most of the cockpit will not be seen but I'm still going overboard on it as it's for the charity. The light spots on the deck are where I touched in some marks and not quite dry when I took the photos. Pantherman
View attachment 122800View attachment 122801View attachment 122802View attachment 122803
Looks really good! The helicopters I've been on those controls are spot on.

View attachment 122800View attachment 122801View attachment 122802View attachment 122803
My pilots have arrived (4 weeks). They took the boat from China as they get air sick. Pantherman
20240821_142720.jpg20240821_142740.jpg

Latest posts

Back