Selling completed models.

Bigfoot127

Hello, I am new to this site and not sure if I am using correctly. Please let me know.

I am recently retired and living in a much smaller apartment. I have a number of models. I've built over the years that I would like to sell, but can only do so locally as there are two fragile for shipping. I live in Saint Augustine, Florida, and would like to know if there, are any suggestions on selling in a specific area and handing off to the seller if you can get me started in the right direction. Please let me know Bigfoot 127 many thanks

Depending on the subject. Car kits are fairly easy to ship in a box maybe wrapped in bubble wrap (the small type) in a box with foam peanuts - cover the top with foam peanuts too. This will cut down on the car kit from moving inside the box.

Aircraft kits are a bit of a challenge. Make some sort of brace for the wings, fuselage, and tail wings. Maybe use gorilla tape to hold it on bottom of box. Be creative. Maybe glue foam around the inside box walls; fill with foam peanuts all around.

Ships are a bigger challenge due to delicate masts and any rigging you may have done on them. If you have them displayed and fasten inside those clear display cases, those are are super easy to pack for shipping. Wrap in bubble wrap and fill box with peanut foam so it won't shift during shipping.

Hope these ideas help.

Depending on the subject. Car kits are fairly easy to ship in a box maybe wrapped in bubble wrap (the small type) in a box with foam peanuts - cover the top with foam peanuts too. This will cut down on the car kit from moving inside the box.

Aircraft kits are a bit of a challenge. Make some sort of brace for the wings, fuselage, and tail wings. Maybe use gorilla tape to hold it on bottom of box. Be creative. Maybe glue foam around the inside box walls; fill with foam peanuts all around.

Ships are a bigger challenge due to delicate masts and any rigging you may have done on them. If you have them displayed and fasten inside those clear display cases, those are are super easy to pack for shipping. Wrap in bubble wrap and fill box with peanut foam so it won't shift during shipping.

Hope these ideas help.
Many thanks,

Latest posts

Back