Share your scale modeling workspace

My space is cozier since I relocated. I miss my Art room but I am glad to have a space to create at all. I am a fan of organization if you cant tell. I have a tote with the rest of my supplies off to the side. I can't wait to airbrush again.

View attachment 126757
Won't stay clean for long no matter how hard you keep it organized and clean…. just sayin'….

My bench is pretty dull by comparison.

IMG-9552.jpg

I have some shelves above it...

IMG-9555.jpg

And I still use on of these things when I do some modelling around the house or in the garden.

IMG-9551.jpg

Ahhh...figures...they used to be my favorite subjects, as in 76-80 or so. Those two are very nice.

Painting 1/35 figures killed my mojo on a recent kit because I need to practice more, they kinda suck, but the kit would be odd without them. I need to suck it up and keep trying, wipe 'em down if necessary and try again.

1728515655389.png

Thanks! I'm still very much a beginner in figure painting. At the moment I just try to keep it simple. Neat base colours. A citadel wash, and then repainting the base colours on the high points to highlight. Really easy. Oh, and a matt coat to dull down the wash.

Those figures look good - you should get them finished. I don't know what that gun is, but it looks excellent. I like your white-wash.

Cheers!

This is my bunker, horseshoe shaped, everything within reach, mostly. Research books on the shelf to the left, from before the inet, paints, tools, kits, all in close proximity. I have two easels for open books or articles or photos right up front. DVD player and TV with plenty of old and new war flicks to watch as I work. Most often whatever subject is being worked on at the time I will have photos pegged to the shelf rails, full immersion is the only way I work.

The photo bench is hard right front, computer being in the next room for pic processing and write-ups. And yes, Osama and Sadam are "hangin out" (upper right) in the bunker, too. The mini refer is below on the right, mainly for my oils between sessions, no beers when painting, that makes for some crummy faces, HA!:p

_DSC1956c-vi.jpg

Latest posts

Back