Ships boot edge

tom dockery

I am doing a 1/350 of Midway. I am having trouble with black boot edge. What is the width and is it better to tape it do it by brush or mask the hull and spray? Any help. Thanks

Welcome Aboard !

If you're going to mask it either way you can paint it whichever way you're most comfortable with .
I have no idea the exact width . , or exact distance from the keel .

Here's some quick info on the boot topping on the Iowa battleships ,

Well , our berthing was airconditioned but yeah , definitely not the plant .
One of my best friends on there was a corpsman . Lives up in Boston . Good people .

I served on 4 small boys before I was done but always enjoyed that late afternoon FOD wald down I know how ot it got for the snipes onboard cause I had to go do heat surveys every day

lol , we never had any heat surveys .
We did once have our asshole skipper come down there in his leather flight jacket while we were in our normal attire of a skivvy shirt with our dungarees rolled up to our knees .
He at least didn't stay long .
He did salute me and my buddy Rod .
Guy was a weirdo and the worst CO we had -- our first CO and the one after him were fantastic .
I heard he got passed over for flag .
Good choice .

We dumped it off the fantail .
Friggin disgusting .
I had forgotten all about that madness until just now

Hey Tom, I'm doing a 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise. Don't know which kit you are using but the boot line on my 1/350 was marked it's about 1/3 of the way up the keel and the width is 6mm. So if you have some 6mm tape that works great for the boot line on a 1/350.

Hey Tom, I'm doing a 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise. Don't know which kit you are using but the boot line on my 1/350 was marked it's about 1/3 of the way up the keel and the width is 6mm. So if you have some 6mm tape that works great for the boot line on a 1/350.
Thanks

oh it is a Trumpeter

tom

Latest posts

Back