Show us your Finished Model Collection

Awesome collection Sol! That's where I'll hopefully be in maybe 5 years or so!

Some nice work on display here fellas :)

I dont actually have a big collection at home ,some builds go into the shop for display ,some have been sold and some are built for other people .
So here's a selection of stuff finished over the last year or so .....

Tiger 1 dio (1/72nd)
dios002.jpg

The Black Rat
ratfinish001.jpg

34 Ford Pickup.
34finish001.jpg

Sioux Indian bust.
DSCF3371.jpg

SS Tank commander bust.
DSCF4908.jpg

JU 87 Stuka (1/72nd)
DSCF4431.jpg

Beaufighter 1/48
DSCF3397.jpg

Fokker Dr1 1/28
DSCF3301.jpg

P47D 1/48
DSCF4582.jpg

Seafire 1/48
DSCF3697.jpg

Dauntless 1/48 (HLJ)
DSCF4810.jpg

BF109 F-2
DSCF4974.jpg

Spitfire MK IX 1/48
DSCF5038.jpg

And many still ongoing !

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

P47 and the Bf109 are my faves of teh wingys the 2 busts are both Awsome ah whell there all awsome ;D ill get pics of my finished builds and thats not a lot ;D

wow, you guys have really cool cabinets filled with models. I just put mine into black cardboard IKEA boxes to hide from the dust...

These were completed but after their adventures in the loft, they need repaired

aliensxeno.jpg

This one is a modified version of the one above, I opened its mouth, added extra thumbs and the smooth cranium

alienri.jpg

alienxeno.jpg

You get 1 egg with each kit so I joined them and opened one and made a face hugger from milliput
eggss.jpg

egghugger.jpg

Don't know when I'll ever get round to fixing them
J

I eventually scanned photos of my old models

The De Lorean (the name sign is actually from a DeLorean, my Dad used to work in the factory in Belfast)
delorean.jpg

Some Alien models:
Alien3.jpg
Aliens.jpg
Queen.jpg

Back then I did a bit of sculpting, this Jim Carey Mask statue was originally sculpted in plasticine, latex moulds were taken off it and I made about half a dozen:

TheMask.jpg

Differently painted:
Mask2.jpg

Davros & the 'Movie' Dalek:

davros2.jpg
davros.jpg

MPC Snowspeeder:

snowspeeder4.jpg
snowspeeder3.jpg
snowspeeder.jpg

The Vac-formed Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet,....I sold this kit.....through a model shop in Belfast (Modellers Nook)....don't know who bought it, but it was on display in the Armagh Planetarium for a while:

morerobbie.jpg
Robbie4.jpg
Robbie3.jpg

The Tim Burton BatMobile:

KeatonBatmobile.jpg

& the Val Kilmer BatMobile:

valkilmerbatmobile4.jpg

You can't see in the photos but I put lights inside the wheels so that the bat symbol is illuminated.....you can however make out that the engine is illuminated blue:

valkilmerbatmobile3.jpg

Star Trek....I'm not really a fan.....these were built for a mate:

klingon3.jpg
StarTrekKlingon2.jpg
StarTrekKlingon.jpg

The Enterprise won 1st prize in the Sci-Fi category in 'The Leisure World Model competition' (Leisure World was a huge Toy & Leisure department store in Belfast which is now a car park) The prize money of £100 was spent entirely by my mate on himself.....well I suppose he owned the model.....This model was painted with satin & matte varnish to bring out the different panels.....it was in the days before anyone had heard of the Aztec pattern on the Enterprise:

startrek3.jpg

I posted this image at the beginning of the thread:

dsc01605jp.jpg

startrek2.jpg

This one had lit engines

romwarbird.jpg

The Halcyon Predator 2 model:

Predator3.jpg
Predator2.jpg
Predator.jpg

That's it, heres a link to my 'Old Models' gallery:
http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/jaiteastu/library/Old%20Models?sort=3&page=1

John

Thanks John, they were built by the old me, before I had kids (over 14-15 years ago) when time was my own, I work at a slower pace now

Thanks Quaralane.....sadly most of those kits are gone now, I sold, gave or threw out most of them, under pressure of my now ex-wife....put away those childish things

Q, would you have photos of what you have?

I'd be interested to see what Grendels has built also

John

Jaitea said:
I'd be interested to see what Grendels has built also

John

I will see what I can do, I am very busy with work for the next week. So it might be a bit....

Thanks Quaralane, you just don't stop, a real inspiration mate.....did you create those CG characters also?

The thing that I like is that you never seem to get enough just building the kits out of the box, you always add your own ideas, the paint scheme of the Galactica Vipers look amazing:

sol-comm-cag-03.jpg
sci-mk2-mk7-sbuck.jpg

Thanks for the link Q

J

You're welcome, Jaitea :D

And yes, the 3d stuff is mine as well.

Well....except for the game screenshots :p

Here you go, this is what I still have in the stash, most of my models did not survive college. Mom threw them away.....

This was in last years contest:

IMG_1293.JPG

He still needs paint:

IMG_1294.JPG

Done while I was in college, he needs a bit of repair. Everything was brush painted.

IMG_1295.JPG

Same here:

IMG_1296.JPG

Ditto:

IMG_1297.JPG

Sorry for the blurry pic, Revell snap Tie fighter build right out of the box:

IMG_1298.JPG

A few more survivors from college that need a bit of TLC:

IMG_1299.JPG

The Thunderchild, it is the last model I used Model master paints on, probably won't go back to them either. This was made a few years ago:

IMG_1300.JPG

This one is from High School one of the few that survived.

IMG_1301.JPG

This is the only one that did not get damaged when Thunderpaws went on his rampage and destroyed the Godzilla dio. I still have the castle, King Gidorah and Mothra, they will be fixed up this summer. I don't know if I will get back to putting them together in a Dio though.

IMG_1302.JPG

First plane built since college, messed up the decals a bit.

IMG_1303.JPG

Desslocks command cruiser, missing one of his spikey things It is still in the shipping box and I have not had time to find it yet...

IMG_1304.JPG

One of my favorites:

IMG_1305.JPG

This kit did not come with Decals, but stickers and I chose not to use them....

IMG_1306.JPG

And the viper This is the first model I built upon my return to model building a few years ago:

IMG_1315.JPG

Another refuge from college but he did better than the others:

IMG_1287.JPG

A gundam:

IMG_1288.JPG

The oldest model I own, I built this back in 1972 I think:

IMG_1289.JPG

First contest entry at SMA and second completed model since my return:

IMG_1290.JPG

The most frustrating model I have ever built:

IMG_1291.JPG

This one will get finished after the contest:

IMG_1292.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Grendels said:
Hope you enjoyed!

Yep Grendels, thanks for sharing, the quality of your work is amazing

I didn't know you had a break from the hobby, I suppose my modelling time can be broken up into 4 periods....when I was a kid - up until I was 15 or 16 when I started going out, then I returned to it mid twenties up until I got married.....I was married for 4 years till my first kid came along, I returned to the hobby when he was about 4 for a few years till the second kid came, I'm only back a year & half now since my marriage broke up.

Anyway I noticed that I used to have one of the models you posted:

IMG_1296.JPG

Here it is in this (don't laugh) diorama.......In the garage loft.....with no legs on it:

Shuttle.jpg
Diarama.jpg

......and some more photos from period 1 of my modelling life:

FalconLoft.jpg
Slave1.jpg

Weathering was never my speciality:

SpeederRough.jpg
BackDoor.jpg

Airfix Dinosaurs!!!:
AirfixDinos.jpg

More bad painting:
Thunderbolt.jpg

Thanks

John

Yeah, I had a very long break in my modeling career. I built models from basically 5 years old until I was about 25. For some reason I fell away from it until I was 44. A very long break. I have not been back at this for very long. And my build rate is so slow that I don't get much done either. That is one thing I would like to fix.

Nice to see the older models.

Latest posts

Back