SMA What's New In Your Stash?!?

I've never seen one of those "level 5" kits, but I remember their "Pro Modeler" series (I think that was it) kits. Are they the same thing just rebranded?

I've never seen one of those "level 5" kits, but I remember their "Pro Modeler" series (I think that was it) kits. Are they the same thing just rebranded?
I'm doing a level 5 at the moment. I wouldn't say it's the most complicated build I have done but I am really taking my time and planning out the steps I take next. Pantherman

Screenshot_20240805_133558_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Betting is now closed. If y'all had me down to die, PAY UP!

Still alive and here's a 5.

DSCN0688.jpg

I am SO glad we started fiddlin' with this kit. It ain't never gonna die. Best kit I ever bought.

STILL only 20 bucks.

Rob.

I have this version.

And you still got a 5 still worth 20 bucks. A complete and total treasure.

Glad to hear you and yours are safe Rob. That was a pretty bad storm.
Thank you my friend! I will beg to differ though... Been living in the deep south my whole life. THIS was nothin'. (I'll add for us, just because we heard of a couple flooded homes and what not in the storm around New Orleans somewhere).

3 small limbs down and no power for a day. In here and gone in about 6 hours.

In case y'all ain't never been in one of these things, Let me try and 'splain some differences between a light Cat 2 (this one) and a heavy Cat 5 crossing into a Cat 6 (Ida), if they called one a 6, that blew sustained winds on us for over 24 hours and start to finish lasted about 30 hours...

I mean NO DISRESPECT.

Now, everybody says Katrina was bad. She was, but what happened to New Orleans happened AFTER the storm and for us it crossed us as a Cat 5. Few tree limbs down for us and a swimming pool filled with debris and a couple more windy type things, out of power for 2-1/2 weeks.

Hurricane IDA ripped my roof off and put a tree inside with me at about 6 hours in. A big tree. ALL these trees were here for Katrina. Done major damage to every tree in my yard, and there were several downed. Almost no open area in my yard from trees and limbs and somebody else's roofing, along with mine, what seemed like ankle deep. Took out two windows about 8 hours in, while we were trying to save the half of my house from flooding where the tree came through because the water was a foot deep, by sledge hammering a hole in my outside wall to let the water out and trying to cut through the frame of my house with a cordless sawzall and only knock one brick out at the bottom so that it could be fixed later. Knocked all the 'fancy' fence across the front of the property and trees down destroyed up over 200 feet of chain link fence around the rest of the property with trees down and roots pushing the fence out of the ground. We were out of power for 5 weeks and worked in my OWN YARD for three and a half of those with a chainsaw.

THAT... was a bad one.

I've never left for one of these things and I never will. I watch all this stuff take place through windows. We were looking through the rear windows of the house when the tree came in. It knocked my wife down on it's way to the concrete slab right next to where I was standing. Slammed into her shoulder on the way down. The tree ALSO wasn't right next to my house like you see sometimes on the news. This tree was AT LEAST 30 feet away from the house where it came in. It was a good 3-4 foot around at the base and Ida broke it of right above the ground and my roof stopped it on it's way out. When that first window came out, me, my wife and my daughter could barely hold the patches in place to nail them from the wind and rain whizzin' through that open hole where the window was.

Ida had me thinking at about 12-14 hours in maybe we shoulda left but by then it was FAR too late.

Rob.

Last edited:
And you still got a 5 still worth 20 bucks. A complete and total treasure.

Thank you my friend! I will beg to differ though... Been living in the deep south my whole life. THIS was nothin'. (I'll add for us, just because we heard of a couple flooded homes and what not in the storm around New Orleans somewhere).

3 small limbs down and no power for a day. In here and gone in about 6 hours.

In case y'all ain't never been in one of these things, Let me try and 'splain some differences between a light Cat 2 (this one) and a heavy Cat 5 crossing into a Cat 6 (Ida), if they called one a 6, that blew sustained winds on us for over 24 hours and start to finish lasted about 30 hours...

I mean NO DISRESPECT.

Now, everybody says Katrina was bad. She was, but what happened to New Orleans happened AFTER the storm and for us it crossed us as a Cat 5. Few tree limbs down for us and a swimming pool filled with debris and a couple more windy type things, out of power for 2-1/2 weeks.

Hurricane IDA ripped my roof off and put a tree inside with me at about 6 hours in. A big tree. ALL these trees were here for Katrina. Done major damage to every tree in my yard, and there were several downed. Almost no open area in my yard from trees and limbs and somebody else's roofing, along with mine, what seemed like ankle deep. Took out two windows about 8 hours in, while we were trying to save the half of my house from flooding where the tree came through because the water was a foot deep, by sledge hammering a hole in my outside wall to let the water out and trying to cut through the frame of my house with a cordless sawzall and only knock one brick out at the bottom so that it could be fixed later. Knocked all the 'fancy' fence across the front of the property and trees down destroyed up over 200 feet of chain link fence around the rest of the property with trees down and roots pushing the fence out of the ground. We were out of power for 5 weeks and worked in my OWN YARD for three and a half of those with a chainsaw.

THAT... was a bad one.

I've never left for one of these things and I never will. I watch all this stuff take place through windows. We were looking through the rear windows of the house when the tree came in. It knocked my wife down on it's way to the concrete slab right next to where I was standing. Slammed into her shoulder on the way down. The tree ALSO wasn't right next to my house like you see sometimes on the news. This tree was AT LEAST 30 feet away from the house where it came in. It was a good 3-4 foot around at the base and Ida broke it of right above the ground and my roof stopped it on it's way out. When that first window came out, me, my wife and my daughter could barely hold the patches in place to nail them from the wind and rain whizzin' through that open hole where the window was.

Ida had me thinking at about 12-14 hours in maybe we shoulda left but by then it was FAR too late.

Rob.
All that said, we're glad you're ok:)

Closest I came to something like that was a monsoon while on Diego Garcia. Blew the roof off our Quonset hut. Couple of palm trees down.

I believe the Level numbers on Revell kits are more indicative of the number of parts than any particular detail. There are a lot of "Level 5" 2in1 kits in their line - the level 5 means extra parts for the 2 types of build.

Closest I came to something like that was a monsoon while on Diego Garcia. Blew the roof off our Quonset hut. Couple of palm trees down.

You certainly had a taste and glad you wasn't in that hut. Not a thing you can do but watch! ;)

Thank you again fellas. I know this is a stash thread and I wanted y'all to know it didn't get the new Eagle I posted. I wouldn't have ranted on like that, but this is in "Chit-Chat" so I indulged.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back