Star Wars Theme Group Build

This is a Star Wars group build. Any Star Wars kit you choose. No start date has been set yet.
I will be doing the Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Starfighter. My kit should arrive next week some time.

View attachment 119141
I built this kit a while ago. It was a fairly easy build except for the piping. There has to be at least 45-50 individual pipes you have to install. I broke 3 of them attempting to put them in place. Superglue fixed them after I installed each end, then glued them back together. Some of the pipes are extremely thin. My other advice is not painting it until the pipes are all in place. I painted after all the pipes were in place. The holes and places they fit into, are so small, I was afraid to paint first. They were a tight fit before painting. Here are a couple pics of the finished product. It was a fun build for sure. IMG_0717.JPGIMG_0719.JPGIMG_0721.JPGIMG_0722.JPG

I built this kit a while ago. It was a fairly easy build except for the piping. There has to be at least 45-50 individual pipes you have to install. I broke 3 of them attempting to put them in place. Superglue fixed them after I installed each end, then glued them back together. Some of the pipes are extremely thin. My other advice is not painting it until the pipes are all in place. I painted after all the pipes were in place. The holes and places they fit into, are so small, I was afraid to paint first. They were a tight fit before painting. Here are a couple pics of the finished product. It was a fun build for sure. View attachment 119199View attachment 119200View attachment 119201View attachment 119202
That’s a great build. Nice work
Thanks for the advice. Will definitely keep in mind.

I built this kit a while ago. It was a fairly easy build except for the piping. There has to be at least 45-50 individual pipes you have to install. I broke 3 of them attempting to put them in place. Superglue fixed them after I installed each end, then glued them back together. Some of the pipes are extremely thin. My other advice is not painting it until the pipes are all in place. I painted after all the pipes were in place. The holes and places they fit into, are so small, I was afraid to paint first. They were a tight fit before painting. Here are a couple pics of the finished product. It was a fun build for sure. View attachment 119199View attachment 119200View attachment 119201View attachment 119202
Got some great detail painting done there, I like it.
Will you be joining the group build? Pantherman

And I thought a Tie fighter was someone who was resistant to their neck wear.........
Pantherman
Lol :D
You did such a fantastic job on this kit. I love a good challenge (dropping sacrifices to the carpet gods is my forte.) :p

Which kit is this?

Got some great detail painting done there, I like it.
Will you be joining the group build? Pantherman
Don't know yet. The last two kits I did were the Tamiya Kawasaki Ninja H2 and the Tamiya 1/72 F16CJ Block 50. The Ninja took me about 2 months and was a challenge as well as a fun build. The F16 built me. It went together as it was supposed to, but for some reason I had to fight it all the way. So taking a break from it for a week or so, then have a Tamiya Honda CBR 1000 Fireblade to build. Love doing bikes. I guess it depends on when it starts and how much time I can invest in it. I certainly appreciate the ask. It will be on my list. Thanks all!

I am in! I have two Star Wars kits in the stash and I have been looking for something to kick start me again!

In answer to the weathering question. Rebel ships should look like they have been through the wringer. Imperial ships are nice and tidy.

Latest posts

Back