Tamiya 1/35 Ford GPA

Rimmer

Hi All,

Having just joined the forum I've been feeling bad about not posting up a build - I hate to be one of those people that comments, but never shares their work, however you'll have to bare with me as I currently have 4 projects on the go, all near completion. As soon as I start something new, I'll post it up.

I have over the past few months, been building Tamiya excellent little Ford GPA. For all intense and purposes it's finished, but I need to paint the driver and finish some bits and bobs for the interior - some of which is going to be new to me.

Here's where I am with the driver - only my third 1/35 figure painted. I've done the base colours and am in the process of adding a wash and some highlights. I have modified this figure to drop one arm as if reaching for the gear stick.

IMG-0325.jpg

I've used one of the new ICM paint sets - very nice paint - and followed their paint call outs - what do you think of the colours?

ICM03037.jpg

This, for those interested, this is where I am with the Ford. I want to add some rope to the front deck, and some more stores to the back seat, including something like a .30cal wrapped in a trap - although I've no idea how to do that yet. I'm also planning on adding the drivers pack to the front seat.

IMG-9946.jpg

Cheers!

something like a .30cal wrapped in a trap - although I've no idea how to do that yet.
Find a poorly detailed machine gun, cut a piece of aluminium foil to a size that seems right for what you have in mind, and wrap the gun in it. If it doesn't work out quite right, just take the foil off and try again, if necessary with a new bit of foil. Once you're happy with it, carefully fold it open a little, glue the gun inside with superglue and put the foil back the way it was.

The reason for using a poorly detailed gun is simply that all you need here is the shape. It would be a waste to use a well-detailed gun for this, if you ask me.

Find a poorly detailed machine gun, cut a piece of aluminium foil to a size that seems right for what you have in mind, and wrap the gun in it. If it doesn't work out quite right, just take the foil off and try again, if necessary with a new bit of foil. Once you're happy with it, carefully fold it open a little, glue the gun inside with superglue and put the foil back the way it was.

The reason for using a poorly detailed gun is simply that all you need here is the shape. It would be a waste to use a well-detailed gun for this, if you ask me.

I do have a poorly moulded .30 as it happens. Foils a nice idea, I had thought about using tissue and PVA. I have plenty of potential wine bottle foils, all I need to do it open the bottle - I get drink the wine from the bottle too.

Thanks Jakko.

Latest posts

Back