The great pink Spitfire challenge

GEG, your invasion stripes look good. Best part about those is that there are plenty of examples that weren't perfect in real life so it gives some leeway on how they look.
Thank you Bear43,
Initially I had thought about hand painting the stripes for realism. These stripes have some unintentional gaps and a couple are crooked and that's fine with me. It was the first time I ever tried them. Each build it seems I try something new.
This is my 5th plane I have built since coming back to the hobby.
Stick around, my fellow model-builder, Pantherman's plane will look fantastic!

Thank you Bear43,
Initially I had thought about hand painting the stripes for realism. These stripes have some unintentional gaps and a couple are crooked and that's fine with me. It was the first time I ever tried them. Each build it seems I try something new.
This is my 5th plane I have built since coming back to the hobby.
Stick around, my fellow model-builder, Pantherman's plane will look fantastic!
Yeah, I wouldn't be to quick to hype my build up. Yours is going to take some beating. I will be happy with 2nd place. Pantherman Pinky

Yeah, I wouldn't be to quick to hype my build up. Yours is going to take some beating. I will be happy with 2nd place. Pantherman Pinky
Oh, my friend. It's not a competition it's for fun.
I'm enjoying this fun banter and comparison.
But, I know your build history and you have a real gift!

Oh, my friend. It's not a competition it's for fun.
I'm enjoying this fun banter and comparison.
But, I know your build history and you have a real gift!
I really enjoy the modelling almost as much as the banter on here. Great bunch of like minded, obsessed, perfection seeking, almost blind, stressed out freaks like myself.

I have been thinking I'm going to give the invasion stripes a go as haven't done anything like that and you have inspired me my friend. Pantherman Pinky

I really enjoy the modelling almost as much as the banter on here. Great bunch of like minded, obsessed, perfection seeking, almost blind, stressed out freaks like myself.

I have been thinking I'm going to give the invasion stripes a go as haven't done anything like that and you have inspired me my friend. Pantherman Pinky
Cool. It seems there are so many firsts in building models.

I agree. I haven't seen any either. Thanks!
No bombs for me either.
I'm also in two minds about the invasion stripes. They seem to defeat the point of painting the thing Pink for camouflage with bloody great black and white lines saying "I'm here" ?
Having said that, they also have target's on the wings and fuselage so you see my problem I hope!!!
Pantherman Pinky

No bombs for me either.
I'm also in two minds about the invasion stripes. They seem to defeat the point of painting the thing Pink for camouflage with bloody great black and white lines saying "I'm here" ?
Having said that, they also have target's on the wings and fuselage so you see my problem I hope!!!
Pantherman Pinky
Absolutely, I understand.
I have seen several with the stripes.
Stripes or no stripes it's all for fun. :D

This duel has been a lot of fun for me, and hopefully we can have other builds.

Absolutely, I understand.
I have seen several with the stripes.
Stripes or no stripes it's all for fun. :D

This duel has been a lot of fun for me, and hopefully we can have other builds.
Totally agree, lot's of fun to do a duel build. I have found a photo which may help with my dilemma, posted below.

Definitely up for another duel build, name your poison !!!

I am planning on building my Space 1999 Eagle after the Spitfire so it will probably be a couple of months, plenty of time to decide the subject. Pantherman Pinky

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610_143654_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_143654_Google.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230610_143643_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_143643_Google.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back