Tweezers with rubber tips

durangod

I hate my current tweezers, parts always flip off and go flying or they scratch the part.

I was looking at some tweezers with rubber tips, are they better?

Last edited:
I am going to assume these are not pointed tweezers....
If they are normal tweezers I usually use some 240 wet n dry about 10mm in length and c/a it to each end of the tweezers. I first coat each one with c/a, then position the WnD, the length and width are no problem. Then clamp the tweezers together gently untill the c/a is dry, then with the ends held together trim away the excess WnD and you have a set of tweezers that will hold the part...
This is my set, the WnD will need replacing soon and to do that just scrape off the old WnD with a knife blade and replace.
20241022_102449_HDR.jpg
20241022_102501_HDR.jpg
Cheers
Mike

I like the sandpaper idea, not gripping too tight helps of course, but sometimes you need a firm grip in order to insert a pin into a hole or similar.

I'm sure you could still launch a part with sandpaper, but it moves that point of light-speed departure a little further away.

I'll also support not holding them so tight, to avoid (not prevent, just avoid) pieces flying off into space.
To avoid scratching or otherwise damaging a piece, though, coating them with that plastic coating or similar product is a good idea. I use masking tape sometimes for that purpose. I'll wrap the jaws of alligator clamps with masking tape, too, for the same purpose.
If you don't mind scratching the piece, then Mike's technique of gluing fine-grit sandpaper to the inside of the tips is very good, too.
There are also plastic tweezers, too.

Back