US Submarine

durangod

I was considering purchasing a US sub kit but have not found one where the inside is viewable. Im not paying 30 bucks for a tube of plastic with fins lol.

Anyone build a kit with viewable innards ?

Oh ,
they evidently did more subs than that ,

Revell%205010%20Jackson%20SS.JPG

If it has a full interior, is there a way to just leave one half of the hull off?

Might require massive amounts of custom fabrication work, I cannot say as I've never built a sub before.

I recall a cutaway version of the Enterprise (NCC not USS) that was done that way.

1725482690865.png

Last edited:
There is no side to leave off .
The kit builds up like the box art

Panther just did one

Thanks for the links, that is the kind of thing im looking for, great stuff. Also i really like the Enterprise cutaway as well. Im gonna try to find more pics of that online to get some detail views, i might just have to get that. :)

Here is the blog link for the enterprise which has some detailed pics. I always wondered engineering wize why they never added a support structure from the power transfer conduits over to the main ship in some way to help support the stress of the main engine. I guess maybe they wanted a cleaner look, a look for TV i suppose. Maybe common sense did not make scifi sense at the time. Maybe Adam Savage knows. :) I wonder if that is in AI lol

https://www.thetrekcollective.com/2013/05/slicing-up-enterprise-cutaway-models.html

Afterthought here, i guess i was thinking weight of the main part of the ship, but in space there is no weight in that way, so maybe that is why they did not need more support structure.

Thanks for the links, that is the kind of thing im looking for, great stuff. Also i really like the Enterprise cutaway as well. Im gonna try to find more pics of that online to get some detail views, i might just have to get that. :)
That was a great sub to build and really enjoyed adding the lights, first time so pleased with how it turned out. Pantherman 20230715_145952.jpg20240217_165047.jpg20240217_165125.jpg20240217_165147.jpg

Latest posts

Back