Visitor to the shop....

thanks scott. that set would do me for a start. shipping from canada prob aint cheap shipping to ireland

Yup, its sure does...

Hi Ken, I've read it in arc forums, when I'm searching for How to use Vallejo Model colors.

Eastrock said:
Hi Ken, I've read it in arc forums, when I'm searching for How to use Vallejo Model colors.

Cool, I never go there but I did just do a quick search. I found a post by 'Tenax Sniffer' and he seems to do almost the same thing I do:

"I’ve had great success using the regular Vallejo's thinned with their thinner and air brushed at 10psi over Mr. Surfacer 1000 thinned with Mr. Leveling thinner without a problem; I’ve had the same great results when airbrushed over bare plastic. Never had a problem masking over Vallejo with Tamiya tape de-tacked by placing it on the back of my hand first. I'd try using Vallejo's thinner which by the way now come in a large bottle."

Only real difference is I use Vallejo primer not Mr. Surfacer other than that he and I spray using very similar methods.

well Ken, I'm only using a Tamiya Basic Sprayworks... I'll drop by to the art shop later, for the thinner and retarder... since the LHS dosen't sell Vallejo products only Tamiya and Gunze.

Not sure what Tamiya Basic Sprayworks is since I've never used any Tamiya products (except their models ;) ).

Is it not working for you? I always hear people raving about how well Tamiya paints spray, I just never tried them out myself.

Tamiya Basic Sprayworks

tamr7452.jpg

No reason you can't spray Vallejo through it, 0.3mm nozzle, should spray it no problem at all. If I can put it through my Infinity with a 0.15mm nozzle...it will go through that with a nozzle twice the size.

Elm City Hobbies said:
They have a couple of sets in their Air Range, one for British WWII aircraft and one for German WWII aircraft.

British

71189_colores.jpg

RLM

71193_colores.jpg

Both are 16 color sets, but they also have smaller 8 colors sets as well.

do ya sell them?

13aceofspades13 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
They have a couple of sets in their Air Range, one for British WWII aircraft and one for German WWII aircraft.

British

71189_colores.jpg

RLM

71193_colores.jpg

do ya sell them?

I don't have any in stock, but I can get them. They run $60 per pack.

Just thought I'd through in my two cents. I bought a set of the Model Air RLM paints from ECH. Fantastic paints them like them better than Tamiya acrylic, and the Testors Model Master Acryl lines (both were my staple paints before trying Vallejo). In fact, I like the model air paints better than Vallejos Model Color paints, less hassle with no need to thin for air brushing. Coverage and colour density are really good, and the surface is dry to the touch fast. In addition, using paint direct from the bottle means I waste less paint, because I can just put a little paint in the airbrush cup, and add more if I need it. I definitely will buy more of the Model Air paints as I use up my existing stocks of paints.

I painted my Me 262 with the Vallejo primer and the Model Air paints only. Worked out great. Planning to do the same with my current He 219 build.

And as a side note, even though they are not intended for it, I've had really good success brush painting the Model Air paints.

JMac

I have brush painted the Air metallics, and they brush on very well. Haven't tried any of the other colors, but I would assume they would be about the same.

JMac is one person that has found the benefit and convenience of the pre-thinned paints, no fuss, no muss, drop in the airbrush and go.

Elm City Hobbies said:
13aceofspades13 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

British

71189_colores.jpg

RLM

71193_colores.jpg

do ya sell them?

I don't have any in stock, but I can get them. They run $60 per pack.

//whistles
thats a lot of money, but i am sure its a lot better than Testors paint! thats what i use right now. XP

They work out to about $3.50 a bottle (if you buy them separately, in packs it varies the price breakdown).

Vallejo is actually one of the cheapest paints per ml, cheaper than both Tamiya and Testors/Model Master, about the only one that comes close is Humbrol...and those are enamels.

As far as being better. I have used many different brands of paints over the years, and there is a reason I only stock Vallejo in the shop.....because it is the best. Tamiya and Testors don't hold a candle to the quality of Vallejo paints.

Elm City Hobbies said:
They work out to about $3.50 a bottle (if you buy them separately, in packs it varies the price breakdown).

Vallejo is actually one of the cheapest paints per ml, cheaper than both Tamiya and Testors/Model Master, about the only one that comes close is Humbrol...and those are enamels.

As far as being better. I have used many different brands of paints over the years, and there is a reason I only stock Vallejo in the shop.....because it is the best. Tamiya and Testors don't hold a candle to the quality of Vallejo paints.

Hi Scott, its pretty much the same price for the model Air sold here in my country converted to USD... just a 50c different, and the model color and Tamiya acrylic are about $2... we do sometimes need other color from different brands... its a competitive market, Vallejo has some colors other don't have... Gunze has Super Metallic, Tamiya has colors exclusive for their rattle cans... "I do hope they sell it in a bottle"

Elm City Hobbies said:
I have brush painted the Air metallics, and they brush on very well. Haven't tried any of the other colors, but I would assume they would be about the same.

JMac is one person that has found the benefit and convenience of the pre-thinned paints, no fuss, no muss, drop in the airbrush and go.

I've recently brush painted th Model Air German Dark Yellow with good success. It's a touch thinner that th reg Vallejo. so it took a couple of coats , but still went on Famously !! It was used for touch up areas & not big spaces.

I too have recently found the Love with Vallejo !!! If I could trade in My Tamiya for Vallejo , I'd do it inna Heart Beat !! I love th Stuff ! & Tamiya, Poly-S, have been staples since I got into Armor building Waaaay Back in th early 80's - like '82-'83 , Now I'm a Vallejo Whore & Love it !!

just got back from the LHS in my quest for a pin vise..

while making small talk with the old lady who owns the joint I mentioned my woes trying to track down some vallejo primer without having to mail away for it online...

she says to me... "this stuff? and whips out a 200ml bottle of Grey !! SCORE!!

today I will be priming everything within 100ft of my airbrush ;D

the only other vallejo I have ever seen in person was a couple of 8 and 16 bottle kits I may have mentioned earlier

LHS-FTW!

ah nice one, i ordered 2 bottles the otherday the red and grey. with all my ordering i forgot to order some thinners

Latest posts

Back