What is "the best" (yeah) Raptor kit on the market?

Edbert

I know the best is highly subjective. I feel like F-35 kits are coming out everywhere while the F-22 will become neglected, so I'd like to get a quqality kit while I can. Price is no object.

1727742225819.png

No idea that that pink bit (Haruka?) is about, but overall recent kits are far better than older ones. I've only purchased Tamiya/Meng lately, if that helps.

What would you recommend as the best kit to build?

Last edited:
One advice…. DO NOT a buy Italeri kits!!!! They're garbage and often found to be out of scale on certain things. Ask me how I know….

Often scalemates do have reviews on kits. Read them…

I like the Revell 1/72 scale kit, but have to admit that I haven't actually built one. ;)
I've also noticed that built-up F-22 models are rarely seen at contests and shows.
I'm pretty sure this is due to the very odd gray patterns & mottling and "metallic sheen" seen on real F-22s and the difficulty in reproducing this finish in miniature.

I don't know about the 1/48 scale kits, but the Academy 1/72 kit is very nice. Comes with gold tinted canopy to represent the coating on the real thing or clear if you prefer. Not sure if that is just a down scale of the 1/48 or if it is all new master newer than the 1/48 or if the 1/48 would have the same options

I don't know about the 1/48 scale kits, but the Academy 1/72 kit is very nice. Comes with gold tinted canopy to represent the coating on the real thing or clear if you prefer. Not sure if that is just a down scale of the 1/48 or if it is all new master newer than the 1/48 or if the 1/48 would have the same options
I think you are onto something there. I was just admiring this specimen, and trying to figure out how that paint job is achieved. YIKES!

1727819776969.png

Latest posts

Back