Would model builders buy dis-assembled airbrushes?

You like that Scott ;D

Seriously tho' there is a lot of people that dont know which gun/AB they need to use or how to get the best out of them ,I know there is manufacturers recomendations ,but they are really only based on factory set up /conditions and the paint they are using . A comparison between AB's or spray guns ..such as ..this one can spray a line down to 0.5mm or this one sprays a fan width of up 50mm ...just examples can be handy for someone not sure of what they need . Over the years I have found that there is a lot of deciding factors when choosing a set up ,most importantly ...the guns use ,the paints to be used ,and the conditions in which you are painting ...lets be honest not many people work in the ideal enviroment ..do they ? So I have always played around with a gun /AB to find a good set up ...needle size, fluid cap ,nozzles etc along with the type of paint ,how its thinned And once I find that set up I stick too it . Obviously my set up wouldnt be ideal for everyone ,its down to individuals to find that for themselves ,but even being able to compare tools in laymans terms would make it much easier to choose the tool you need .
Does that make any sense ??

Chris.

It makes total sense. Investing in a product like an airbrush is tricky. There are so many options.

If I were a betting man I would bet that some people simply do not buy one because they don't know what to choose.

The ability to 'test drive' different models would be ideal however short of that a very detailed comparison tool, or questionnaire that eliminates/recommends models based on your choices(usage, experience, needs, medium etc...) could work nicely. It would need to be quite 'smart' and not just drive the end user to a 'featured' product but honestly ask the right questions in order to recommend the right tool.

Exactly :)

Something like that comparison page I posted only in much simpler terms that anyone can understand and hopefully be pointed in the right direction ,would maybe encourage people to take the step instead of being scared or frustrated /intimidated and ultimatley being put off buying an AB :)

Chris.

One cool item would be an ab bodythat you can use gravity or sihpon. Use a small plug with an to seal the side not in use. Not sure if something like that is on the market. But would be one way to customize your ab

Latest posts

Back