1/72 scale Eduard MiG-21PFM Vietnamese scheme

Nowak45

Hello, relatively new modeller here. Recently, I bought the Eduard 1/72 scale MiG-21PFM and was thinking of doing the Vietnamese scheme. However, I was wondering what the easiest way to paint the dots on it would be. Unfortunately, I don't have an airbrush, I typically use Tamiya spray for big parts like the fuselage and wings. I tried to look and see if there were any aftermarket masks that could be used but to no avail.

Cheers.

MiG-21PFM.jpg

I would say, small pointed brush like a 0 or 1 and free hand it. The other why I've done this sort of camo on Luftwaffe aircraft is with a cotton-bud and a sort of dabbing motion. The paint pen is also a great suggestion.

But personally I would go with a small brush - paint the base colour (with rattle-cans if you so wish) and then freehand the camo - that's how I painted this ancient Airfix G50. Not the best of builds - but you get the idea. Practice on some scrap plastic (a bottle or something) or even a bit of paper before you commit paint to your model.

(Welcome by the way - why don't you post up your build and we can help along the way!)

G50.jpg

Cheers!

Back