1967 Lindberg Oldsmobile 442

I don't think I could own a car that is all red inside and out as I am getting burnt out on the red. The 442 is getting a little closer to coming together as it's seems I can never get the time to sit down at the desk, One evening at the desk actually ended up repairing the shop light over the bench. One of the tubes started flickering and the end of the tube turned black almost as I watched. No work at the bench that night as I headed to Depot to find replacements. I had decided to convert to LED tubes some time back and found some that were supposed to be a direct replacement for ballasted fixtures. Went to install them and one tube worked, one tube didn't. Long story short, I had to exchange them for a couple of type "B" tubes, which required the removal of the ballast and rewiring the fixture. In the end, it was two days lost for Hobby Time!

Finally back to the bench!

On those back-up lights imbedded in the bumper, I went with some very thinned white enamel paint in the recesses, and then after several days drying (see above tale!) I put a drop of Future. These macro shots show too much detail and a normal viewing they look ok. The Future is fresh here and will tend to shrink as it dries. It's just the light angle that makes one appear yellow.
20241009_224322.jpg

The interior tub. Seems I'm constantly touching things up, but it may finally be going to be mounted inside the body. I've Future dipped the windshield and rear glass, though I did end up doing the front over as a speck of dust found it's way onto the glass right in front of the driver. Windex to remove the Future20241009_225032.jpg

Think I'm finally, finally done with the interior, though in hindsight I would have done a few things different.

By the way, that's the Hemi from the purple 'Cuda in the background. It got repainted as there were things not right. I might see if I can get a better shot of the dash.

Latest posts

Back