'70 Ford Torino COBRA - Revell

Some pics of the tub before it's hidden forever.

• Not a lot of detail. I usually don't do carpet unless it's a drop-top.
  • Decal on the brake pedal cracks me up. Hard to see, but like how the image of the decal (cobra) is molded into the plastic.
  • I've never had decals on a shifter before.
  • Disregard dust specks.
  • The center console is a bit too far back. I didn't test fit. Idiot!

20240810_203643.jpg

20240810_203658.jpg

20240810_203731.jpg

20240810_203929.jpg

20240810_204007.jpg

So I tried to freehand the side trim around the lights. I made a fine mess of one. How would I touch that up if I used a rattle can for top coat?

20240816_212518.jpg

Looks great so far!!

You could use some compound polish to take that silver off and start from scratch. I usually don't recommend chemicals just because they can be more aggressive than a simple abrasive polish. After you could use a silver paint pen

How would I touch that up if I used a rattle can for top coat?
Is there any paint left in the can, even a tiny amount? If so spray a tiny blob onto some aluminum foils and grab your detail brush quick before it dries.

Matching a metallic paint from scratch is beyond my abilities.

Sure - for something like the side lights use a single piece of foil then trim inside & outside - less tedious than the windshield.

Sure - for something like the side lights use a single piece of foil then trim inside & outside - less tedious than the windshield.
I've not built a car in decades, but is silver leaf an option?

I found using gold leaf to be much easier than I thought, seems the correlation might stand.

Latest posts

Back